Politics

IMHO

The Trump speech has zero impact. Anyone still undecided is not basing their vote on last nights speech. It’s July 19th. no matter what independents or moderates say to pollsters. I think 99.9% have made their minds up.

I like Van Jones. He is well informed and pretty savvy. But! It is a pretty low information voter that would base a vote on a political speech.
And those type of voters are not watching Trump at 10:00 at night.

Here's a side thought that just crosse my mind. What about the timing of ballot printing? Mail-in ballots will not be long from being sent out. Imagine them having Biden as the D nominee and then he drops out or is removed. I can't help but wonder about the implications that would result from this scenario.

Here's a side thought that just crosse my mind. What about the timing of ballot printing? Mail-in ballots will not be long from being sent out. Imagine them having Biden as the D nominee and then he drops out or is removed. I can't help but wonder about the implications that would result from this scenario.
If I’m not mistaken Pennsylvania starts early voting in September, you have raised another conundrum for the dems.

No he didn’t - at least not yet. He is speaking at both conventions. There was plenty for Republicans to reflect on in that speech.
I saw the head of the teamsters in an interview going through a list of specific things he had worked on with Vance. The point being, of the clip, that he was helpful, and down in the trenches with them. I am not mostly watching the RNC speeches.

This opinion piece is over on Fox. It is by Doug Schoen who is a democrat Fox contributor. He is no Biden or Squad fan boy - representing instead the Clinton, Harold Ford Jr wing of the party. I am glad and a bit surprised that he has a very positive take on Trump's speech. I find his conclusion interesting - perhaps compelling. I hope he is right.

Humorously, Wikipedia, which has gone full blown woke, lists him as a "conservative" commentator. From a woke-world perspective, he may well be. But he does usually represent the independent and moderate democrat view pretty accurately.

As a Democrat, I’m not sure I know how my party will respond in a month or so to the Trump candidacy. For now, it’s enough to say that the challenges it is facing have only grown larger and more substantial after this week after a speech and convention that could only be called an unqualified success. The events and address in Milwaukee will stand up well to whatever attempts the mainstream media make to discredit Trump and his speech. (And they have already begun.)

Some may say that Trump’s speech went on too long on Thursday night. And that may be true. But the American people, unlike political commentators, simply turn the television off, they don’t give the candidate demerits for being long-winded.

I didn't see the speech, but this news report struck me as interesting. It describes a different Trump.
Beginning and end were decent. Middle, not so much but didn’t do any name-calling so for him, it was an improvement but could have been better and more on point. He gets to repeating things too much. He could really benefit from a college-level speech class but probably wouldn’t change much.

Call me uncouth but I’ll take last night over Mitt Romney rambling over how the trees are “the right height” while wearing wing tips with jeans and whatever the hell McCain’s campaign strategy was—he never had one.

Can i get an Amen!

Ya, there's a spectrum on Team Red for sure. The posh, uppity end, and then the end where they revel in how redneck they can be end. I'll take the campy but at least genuine region of the spectrum for $100 please Alex. But it can go a little too far at times for sure.

Can i get an Amen!

Ya, there's a spectrum on Team Red for sure. The posh, uppity end, and then the end where they revel in how redneck they can be end. I'll take the campy but at least genuine region of the spectrum for $100 please Alex. But it can go a little too far at times for sure.

Agreed. I hope I never see Kid Rock on TV ever again, but I’ll tip my hat to the “Big Tent” overtures. I can watch William F. Buckley reruns for hours, but that’s not going to appeal to pretty much anyone we need to win an election.
You can’t deny this was the most electric convention in memory; don’t agree? Ask Van Jones.

A little off topic but I saw something that Trump jr had Rigby make him a .416 made and he’s doing a show or pod cast while taking it to Tanzania. It would be nice if he would really get involved in the trophy ban problem.
I’ve mentioned to JJ at CF that in light of the recent SCOTUS ruling reversing the Chevron doctrine, someone needs to take a case through the courts that beats back the USFWS overreach into the wildlife management of other countries. We should be able to import anything if we have a CITES export permit from the hunted country, like Canada was before the recent ivory and rhino horn ban. It will definitely help if Trump Jr helps out if Sr gets elected.

I loved the opera song Nissun Douma at the end of the convention. Beside being a stirring song, the final words are I will win! I will win! I will win! Subtle yet strong messaging.

Beginning and end were decent. Middle, not so much but didn’t do any name-calling so for him, it was an improvement but could have been better and more on point. He gets to repeating things too much. He could really benefit from a college-level speech class but probably wouldn’t change much.

Your criticisms of Trump are exactly what endears him to the people who support him....

Despite being Manhattan billionaire, his ability to relate to blue collar folks and speak on their level is precisely what separates him from almost every other career politician along with the elites who cannot comprehend this appeal. The occasional rambling and repetition that you are criticizing him for is to be expected when someone speaks without a script... He is raw, blunt, and real and people either love him or hate him for it.

I do agree with @Brent in Az that Trump could deliver a wagon of gold (which he actually has delivered to this country metaphorically) and his critics would still bitch that he also didn't provide a team of horses to pull it home... The resistance and controversy he continues to provoke among the TDS'ers is still baffling to me...

Your criticisms of Trump are exactly what endears him to the people who support him....

Despite being Manhattan billionaire, his ability to relate to blue collar folks and speak on their level is precisely what separates him from almost every other career politician along with the elites who cannot comprehend this appeal. The occasional rambling and repetition that you are criticizing him for is to be expected when someone speaks without a script... He is raw, blunt, and real and people either love him or hate him for it.

I do agree with @Brent in Az that Trump could deliver a wagon of gold (which he actually has delivered to this country metaphorically) and his critics would still bitch that he also didn't provide a team of horses to pull it home... The resistance and controversy he continues to provoke among the TDS'ers is still baffling to me...

Agreed. After ten years some people seem to still think that a la carte Trump is an option. The man is a 78 year old billionaire—why would he change?

I loved the opera song Nissun Douma at the end of the convention. Beside being a stirring song, the final words are I will win! I will win! I will win! Subtle yet strong messaging.
How in the world could you hear him, all of the talking heads and background noise had me going crazy so I just turned it off.

This opinion piece is over on Fox. It is by Doug Schoen who is a democrat Fox contributor. He is no Biden or Squad fan boy - representing instead the Clinton, Harold Ford Jr wing of the party. I am glad and a bit surprised that he has a very positive take on Trump's speech. I find his conclusion interesting - perhaps compelling. I hope he is right.

Humorously, Wikipedia, which has gone full blown woke, lists him as a "conservative" commentator. From a woke-world perspective, he may well be. But he does usually represent the independent and moderate democrat view pretty accurately.

As a Democrat, I’m not sure I know how my party will respond in a month or so to the Trump candidacy. For now, it’s enough to say that the challenges it is facing have only grown larger and more substantial after this week after a speech and convention that could only be called an unqualified success. The events and address in Milwaukee will stand up well to whatever attempts the mainstream media make to discredit Trump and his speech. (And they have already begun.)

Some may say that Trump’s speech went on too long on Thursday night. And that may be true. But the American people, unlike political commentators, simply turn the television off, they don’t give the candidate demerits for being long-winded.

In baseball speak, Trump hit a double but not a home run. Could have been better but could have been worse.

Personally, I was very underwhelmed. I know that I am not the target audience, but his campaign built up the speech as a grand unifying message, and it fell quite flat.

Your defense gets ridiculous at times. My assessment is spot on. Decent speech but could have been better in the middle. God forbid you would ever offer Trump any constructive criticism.

Personally, I was very underwhelmed. I know that I am not the target audience, but his campaign built up the speech as a grand unifying message, and it fell quite flat.
You should’ve been the target. Trump has the base and what ever democrat they trod out probably has the dems base, the somewhat rational undecideds should have been the focus of the speech. IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KassieBaec

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?