Politics

Ted Cruz was saying last night its a done deal with either Harris or Michelle as the replacement. However, he has been saying that for a while.

"Aunt" Nancy will want Newsome, and I am sure Hillary will want the chance for a rematch. Of course Biden has a lock on the delegates.

Are you talking about the 1980 rescue attempt.

The failure had nothing to do with Carter.

Ted Cruz was saying last night its a done deal with either Harris or Michelle as the replacement. However, he has been saying that for a while.

"Aunt" Nancy will want Newsome, and I am sure Hillary will want the chance for a rematch. Of course Biden has a lock on the delegates.

I’m just hopeful that if he withdraws they spend between now and the DNC ripping each other apart as opposed to quickly unifying and getting behind an anointed replacement..

I think a few weeks of Harris calling everyone else a racist, everyone else exposing Harris for all of her countless failures, and the right wing meme machine making fun of all of them in the process would be beneficial…

Having them all unite behind one candidate quickly could be both problematic in the White House run as well as the run to regain the senate and maintain a margin in the house…

We don’t need a unified left..

Murphy was all over that fiasco.

That's the diff between an amateur and somebody who knows what they're doing. Even with my target 308, 24" heavy and fluted BBL, 6-24x50 scope, I'm making a chest shot from 150 yards. "Making a statement" with a head shot is just stupid. Achieving my objective by producing a corpse is statement enough.

#1 lesson in long range shooting was use the whole target.

But from an assassin’s perspective of making sure he’s dead a head shot makes sense. Even if trump wasn’t wearing some level of body armor he has the second best casevac in the world. Second only to a sitting president. You bet your ass they can get him out of anything that’s not instantly fatal.

I dont know the truth of this, but there's some news floating around that the shooters father new his son had a mental condition. He refused to get him treatment, or med's.
He said that his son needed to man up and deal with the condition naturally.

I dont know the truth of this, but there's some news floating around that the shooters father new his son had a mental condition. He refused to get him treatment, or med's.
He said that his son needed to man up and deal with the condition naturally.

I have read that both parents are counselors so I doubt that is the way the father would handle it.

A 20 year old an individual can refuse in facility treatment, counseling services and meds.

Newsom is slimy but he’s not stupid. The democrats are flailing right now and I think he will hold out until the next election. He’d only have a few months left to campaign, getting Biden’s money would be tougher (but not impossible). Trump has also just had a resurgence in popularity.

From a political standpoint, I think he’s wiser waiting for the next cycle. If Harris loses to Trump, she’ll be safely out of the way. He’d be one of the top names in the democrat field.

That's it. Couldn't remember if it was fall of 79 or early 80.

Very Short version.

I still get royally pissed off on this subject that so much so I literally have to bite my tongue, hold my breathe, and walk away every F'ing time this subject comes up. All I can say is "We" were involved with the initial development of DF and leave it at that.

We were in HQ Opns when the what we considered long awaited call finally came in giving the go order. We recieved coms from DF on the ground, just as the call came in to abort.

So, Yeah, We do lay the blame solely on Carter. Contrary to the other's opinions.

Newsom is slimy but he’s not stupid. The democrats are flailing right now and I think he will hold out until the next election. He’d only have a few months left to campaign, getting Biden’s money would be tougher (but not impossible). Trump has also just had a resurgence in popularity.

From a political standpoint, I think he’s wiser waiting for the next cycle. If Harris loses to Trump, she’ll be safely out of the way. He’d be one of the top names in the democrat field.

Agree...

If Biden does drop out, Im reasonably sure Harris will pick up the ticket.. all of the Biden/Harris war chest funds belong to her.. and while I think she only marginally has any better of a chance than Biden.. shes the "easy" button...

The other potential candidates will test the waters.. Newsome and others will throw their hat in the ring momentarily.. if for no other reason to gain a few minutes in the national spotlight.. which would embolden their chances in 2028.. but I dont see a real fight for the position...

Im just hoping in the short period between Biden dropping and Harris taking the chair (if Biden does indeed drop), that there is at least a little bit of an internal knife fight that takes place.. even just one or two cheap shots on the newly tapped POTUS candidate would help immensely in the coming months and potentially expose a weak spot in their armor that the R's could exploit all the way until November..

Good Lord... He truly should resign himself to the basement and just refuse to speak to anyone between now and November.. He truly has become an embarrassment to himself, his country, and the office of the President..

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6358420403112

That said.. I sincerely hope he stays the course.. and continues to make public appearances daily... he is very clearly the D partys own worst enemy...

@Red Leg, ,@Altitude sickness,

Reminds of the '79 (?)(IIRC), Delta Force's inaugural hostage rescue mission fiasco and SOB POS Carter's abort order minutes after him giving the operational green light with boots and equipment on the ground.

Murphy didn't need much help from where I was standing.
One silver lining was the fiasco did ignite a real revolution in special operations capability and interoperability.

It has always been my understanding that the on site commander called the abort. Main driver was he was one helicopter short of what was needed to lift the assault team and the hostages. Enroute two had aborted due to mechanical reasons and a third was deadlined at the rendezvous point.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceRo

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?