Politics

he makes some good points.. but he also is wrong/misinformed with several of the things he said...

for example.. USSS does NOT provide protection for cabinet members.. each agency has its own protective services unit... quite literally the Secretary of Transportation has his own detail.. of 1811 agents that work directly for the Dept of Transportation.. same with Dept of Commerce.. etc.. etc.. and the assets/resources available to major cabinet positions like SECDEF and SECSTATE rival head of state details for other countries (for example, I'd venture the DSS resources afforded to SECSTATE come pretty close to the same number and value of resources afforded the UK's Prime Minister or Germanys Chancellor... and the CID assets afforded to our SECDEF are comparable as well).. the USSS does not protect senators.. the US Capitol Police does that..

He also says the USSS is not an investigative agency... that is absolutely untrue.. they are indeed one of the best investigative agencies in the US.. with the overwhelming majority of their agents assigned to investigative positions all over the US and the rest of the globe (over 150 duty stations globally for the USSS)... they also have one of the best intel and counter intel capabilities of US federal law enforcement agencies.. so while when he says they arent an intelligence agency, that is true... but make no mistake, no different than the FBI, ATF, etc.. they have a robust internal intel capability and are known to use it extremely well..

Have I understood it correctly, that Elon Musk's 45 mil/month is to be used to set up, and operate ballot harvesting boxes, as well as police the Democrats on theirs, as well as lawyer up in advance to oppose Democrat abuses? In other words, to counter any Democrat cheating, and equal their ground game and the playing field. If so, about time!!!! Hope they do a good job of it. All we really want is fair elections, but if that means doing it down and dirty to match the leftists, so be it. The country is that important.

On another note, I will be amazed if I hear Jesus Christ mentioned once in any context at the Democratic Convention coming up, especially since the 2012 convention had to take three consecutive voice votes to leave mention of God in the platform. There has been much of it from the Republicans this convention--and most importantly not the perfunctory, disingenuous type of mention associated with kissing babies and waving the flag, but the real, God honoring deal.
Democrat politicians would probably burst into flames if they mentioned Jesus Christ.
A party of heathen's

If the DNC goes ahead with their plan to nominate Biden early, consider that my full and complete resignation from the party.

At least the RNC held a primary and is promoting a generally positive vision for the country if you ignore Trump’s antics.
saul.....its hard to like all the players in any organization, let alone and especially politics. you have to look at the overall direction they want to take you...which you did/have. thanks for recognizing and saying that....bob

Last edited:
FWIW, I sent contact forms to my congresspersons urging them to urge Biden to fire the head of USSS.

I understand why she did it, and honestly I cannot blame her, but I was hoping that she would make the improbable yet bold choice not to endorse. If Biden were not such a weak candidate, she would have had more room to do so.
In the end, Haley wants Biden out just like every other Republican. Contrary to some who believe she’s a rhino or leaning towards Democrats, she’s very conservative. She’s more conservative than Trump on some issues.

I think Haleys speech was spot on... she was clear.. she doesnt agree with Trump 100% of the time.. and she knows a lot of people dont agree with Trump 100% of the time..

but.. she also acknowledges the path that the Biden administration has put the country has been detrimental in every possible way.. she points out Biden lifting sanctions on Iran and re-entering the nuke agreement with Iran.. which emboldens them, and leads to an uptick in terrorism and an attack on Israel.. she speaks to the damage done with Bidens open border policy.. etc..etc.. (she makes numerous points.)...

Her overarching theme was.. you dont have to agree with how Trump dealt with Iran.. or managed the border.. or kept Putin in check...

But its impossible to ignore the fact that all of these things were in better order under Trump than under Biden..

Therefore she supports and endorses Trump... because while she doesnt agree with him on a lot of things.. she does agree the results he produced..

She doesnt have to like him... what she loves is the USA.. and she believes Biden and his administration is destroying it..

Apparently Biden held a zoom call with several dozen concerned moderates in the party the same afternoon as the Trump rally. The reporting on it indicates it was in some ways more disturbing than the debate. No one has yet leaked actual footage, but the transcript is making the rounds. From a political perspective, Biden remaining in the race is nothing but good news for the GOP, but this transcript demonstrates a truly unhinged angry man that has no business wielding power for six more months.

The worst exchange was with with Congressman Jason Crow (CO) who is a US Army combat veteran with three combat tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Biden - “First of all, I think you’re dead wrong on national security,” the president says, the emotion at times garbling his words. “You saw what happened recently in terms of the meeting we had with NATO. I put NATO together. Name me a foreign leader who thinks I’m not the most effective leader in the world on foreign policy. Tell me! Tell me who the hell that is! Tell me who put NATO back together! Tell me who enlarged NATO, tell me who did the Pacific basin! Tell me who did something that you’ve never done with your Bronze Star like my son—and I’m proud of your leadership, but guess what, what’s happening, we’ve got Korea and Japan working together, I put Aukus together, anyway! … Things are in chaos, and I’m bringing some order to it. And again, find me a world leader who’s an ally of ours who doesn’t think I’m the most respected person they’ve ever—”

“On national security, nobody has been a better president than I’ve been. Name me one. Name me one! So I don’t want to hear that crap!”

I learn something new everyday.
So Joe established NATO and Al Gore invented the internet.
I can't wait to hear more educational claims!

Assuming Trump ends up back in office.. I am very curious as to who would be selected to fill his cabinet..

Despite him calling Haley "Bird Brain" and saying he would never accept her followers into "MAGA".. He's also made it pretty clear on a couple of occasions that he respects her.. he's even gone so far as to speak to the "bird brain" comments being out of his own frustration that it was obvious that she should have left the race, she had only won 2 primaries and could not possibly pull enough delegates to get the nomination.. but she refused to leave the race.. which was costing him campaign dollars and time.. and continuing to divide the constituency..

What he should have done (my opinion) is say exactly that... rather than resort to typical trump name calling, belittling, and childish antics.. that would have actually made a lot of sense to the R party at large.. and not have been nearly as divisive of a move..

But.. He's Trump.. he went with the tactic that has pretty much worked for him his entire life (watch interviews and press conferences etc from as far back as the mid 70's when he was trying to break into the Manhattan real estate market.. the way he speaks today and the way he conducts himself is really no different than it was 50 years ago when he was in his late 20's and trying to grow his fathers very large and successful business into the empire that it ultimately became)..

I think if he can get past the old, bad blood, and put his primary rivals from this last cycle into major cabinet positions.. and speak to his intention to do that VERY SOON.. that could unify the party quite a bit and excite people that are not part of his current base..

Haley as SECSTATE... DeSantis as SECDEF... maybe Ramswarthy as his Chief of Staff..

Then grab Youngkin for Commerce Secretary.. make Abbott the AG.. etc..etc..

You now have a very hard right leaning ticket... but filled with names that are generally accepted as "good" by the entire R party..

The only downside would be youre pulling solid governors out of 2 core R states, and while Youngkin only has a year left in VA before he has to leave, there is still A LOT of good he could do in VA during that time frame (and VA definitely needs it)..

Last edited:
I understand why she did it, and honestly I cannot blame her, but I was hoping that she would make the improbable yet bold choice not to endorse. If Biden were not such a weak candidate, she would have had more room to do so.
On the contrary, I am confident she would throw her support behind whomever ended up being the nominee. She is as anti-woke as any member of the party and far more fiscally conservative than Trump. She like most republicans see the cultural and social damage being done by the radical elements of your party as more dangerous than the economic ones.

I too was genuinely disgusted with the bottom feeders among the delegates who found it necessary to boo her. By setting aside her ego and personal animus resulting from Trump's boorish treatment of her, she demonstrated far more commitment to the party and its goals than any of those feeling compelled to jeer. But what does one expect. She is accomplished and intelligent.

At least the vast majority were applauding by the end of her remarks. I hope Trump has the sense to make her Secretary of State - and announce the intention sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Well if it all kicks off in Israel and Lebanon you might not even get an election.
Things are sure hotting up on that boarder

@mdwest - I share the same concerns. He made/makes pretty solid policy but he was absolute rubbish on choosing good people to have around him.

I hope he accepts some guidance but ... he's Trump.

Well if it all kicks off in Israel and Lebanon you might not even get an election.
Things are sure hotting up on that boarder

Why do you think an Israel/Lebanon war would halt a US election?

I dont see even Israel throwing a nuke into Southern Lebanon stopping the US election cycle.. if anything I think it would make the American people even more adamant of the necessity of an election..

Lebanon proper has zero desire to engage Israel in war.. Hezbollah might get froggy.. but that would be incredibly stupid of them... while they have significantly more capability than Hamas.. they do not have the ability to take on Israel... especially now that the war in Gaza has been going on for months and Hamas is largely fighting a war of attrition...

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder could both see that Iran is simply fighting a proxy war here.. they are where the funding, munitions, arms, etc are all coming from.. and everyone knows it on all sides..

The last thing they want to do is push the limits, have Trump back in office, and give him the excuse he'd love to have put at his feet to crush their economy and their military capability the day he takes office..

Remember, the last time Trump took office, literally the first week he was behind the resolute desk, he issued a mandate to the Palestine Authority to denounce Hamas and Hezbollah and to stop all funding and associationthey had with Hamas and Hezbollah.. or he would defund all of their projects and funding within 30 days...

Naturally PA did not comply...

and Trump did exactly what he said he was going to do.. he defunded every single USAID, US State Dept, etc project in the West Bank and in Gaza.. to the tune of over $100M annually.. then hammered the Iranians with the toughest sanctions they'd seen since Reagan...

It was only after Biden lifted those sanctions, rejoined the Iran nuke agreement, unfroze ton of money in Iranian accounts, etc..etc.. that Iran decided to get bold again... They had sat pretty damn quietly for the 4 years prior..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamuelJeff

Latest profile posts

rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,