Politics

“Philadelphia, in particular, got me across the line. No, I'm not joking. No, I mean it, seriously!"

I’m sure Crooked Joe, the KKK and segregationist sympathizer. Is serious.

And I’m sure the Philly corruption team did help him stay in the Senate. :cool:

Tom Fitton from Judicial Watch stated that he has heard that Biden is resigning from the Presidency on Monday.?

I hear Biden is resigning from the presidency on Monday.... https://truthsocial.com/@TomFitton/112728666358036047
Doubtful, I suspect he finishes his term. However, if he pardons Hunter Monday, then I would believe it. But as I have said for over 2 years he would not be the the D Candidate. Looks like Harris is working hard to keep Newson out of the top spot. Will he be #2 or will "Aunt" Nancy push for Newson as #1?

I must say, I am rather surprised and dissapointed by this development.

So what I was reading online, is that the center and left parties that each had a candidate competing against the right candidate (3 way race), had the weaker candidate drop to go head to head vs the right candidate. This prevented the right from winning a majority and having the prime minister slot. Either way, it is pretty embrassing to Macron. Though I didn't go down the rabbit hole to verify this claim.

So what I was reading online, is that the center and left parties that each had a candidate competing against the right candidate (3 way race), had the weaker candidate drop to go head to head vs the right candidate. This prevented the right from winning a majority and having the prime minister slot. Either way, it is pretty embrassing to Macron. Though I didn't go down the rabbit hole to verify this claim.
This is what I have read as well.

I believe Lara Trump (the most competent of the group in my opinion) has brought in Scott Pressly, who understands grassroots, drop boxes and ballot harvesting. If they are truly listening to him, I have great confidence that we have caught up if not surpassed the democrats abilities in this arena.
I hope you are correct, but most sources indicate that the RNC shakeup actually left stillborn much of the organizational effort since '23. Along with what seemed to be litmus test layoffs, a large number of field offices were closed. There has been recent reporting that the campaign is trying to get something going by outsourcing the effort. However, I fear the democrats are way ahead in this sort of effort and have vastly more experience.

I hope you are correct, but most sources indicate that the RNC shakeup actually left stillborn much of the organizational effort since '23. Along with what seemed to be litmus test layoffs, a large number of field offices were closed. There has been recent reporting that the campaign is trying to get something going by outsourcing the effort. However, I fear the democrats are way ahead in this sort of effort and have vastly more experience.

They always are. They are at every bingo, senior, nutrition center year round registering voters and making sure every senior knows who paid for everything.

Evidently Russia hit a hospital in Kiev this past weekend, where are all of the calls for a ceasefire in Ukrainian war. If Israel did this the international and our press would be calling for heads of the Israeli government but crickets about Putin and all of his atrocities.

I don't worry about your vote. You can waste it as you like.
Unfortunately, several people seem to value your input here, and your advocacy against the alternative to the anit-American party (even tho you claim not to support them) does bother me.
Paint it as you will, if you are the enemy of my ally, you're the enemy.
You advocate this point of view with Ukraine (tho since when are they our allies?) but dismiss it domestically.

I'm not quite as black and white with the enemy part but you nailed it with the last line.

Many of the trump derangement syndrome "republican" types are happy to bankrupt our country and destroy the future of next generations so we can fight to the last dead Ukranian and very likely turn our sons into hamburger in WW3.

But it's too (hold your pinky up for this part at the tea party lads!) "distasteful" to vote for Trump.
he doesn't have the blue blazer and other wot wot country club snobbery.
It's myopic, it's ironic, and it's pathetic. I believe the word shameful is quite appropriate.

They're too proud to see it and would rather we all lose "honorably" than take the practical approach. Meanwhile - listen to us on our practical approach in Ukraine and against isolationism!!!
And brother - they can wrap themselves in the flag faster than i can blink when challenged about it. "muh credentials and connections!!!!"

There's a lot of khaki and blue blazer country club republicans that over the course of my lifetime have said some very pretty things and brought their "honor" and "dignity" while the overall movement from 10k feet is a steady march to the left.

Bill Buckley, David French, John McCain, Paul Ryan, the Bushes, The turtle and the last dozen or so speakers of the house, Romney, Cheney, Pompeo, etc., it's a big list. None of them has actually been what I would call effective at the end of it.

But it's too (hold your pinky up for this part at the tea party lads!) "distasteful" to vote for Trump.
he doesn't have the blue blazer and other wot wot country club snobbery.
It's myopic, it's ironic, and it's pathetic. I believe the word shameful is quite appropriate.
I have said this before and I will say it again. If I wanted a salesman to sell A/C units to Eskimos I’d hire Trump in a heartbeat.

The most ostentatious billionaire of all time, the man with golden toilets, personal valets, country clubs, with kids in private schools and a man that has lived a jet-setter’s life has convinced a large number of the electorate that he is “one of them”.

I have said this before and I will say it again. If I wanted a salesman to sell A/C units to Eskimos I’d hire Trump in a heartbeat.

The most ostentatious billionaire of all time, the man with golden toilets, personal valets, country clubs, with kids in private schools and a man that has lived a jet-setter’s life has convinced a large number of the electorate that he is “one of them”.

Respectfully, that proves my point.
I don't care for him either. But the focus should be, IMO, on the effectiveness of the results.

I think there are rules of engagement that the right will and should always stay behind that the left openly flaunts. I'm not saying we should become like them, but that's not the issue.
The issue seems to me to be personal dislike and snobbery.

Does Trump actually portray himself as “one of us” or does he say he understands “us”? The us I refer to are the working people of the country. For the record again I don’t like the man but I do like most of his policies.

It's Monday morning, and Joe Biden is still the worst president in history.

Agreed!!!! But why is Trump in such a tight race with him????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FEJ

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]