Politics

As always, a very good point.

In an urban setting like Austin, the EVs can be practical so long as they don't become so numerous as to create over demand on the grid. The Tesla is popular here among the new urban Texas emigres. For a daily commute, trips to the shopping center, etc. they are a fine choice. Though even there, a Tesla S battery takes anywhere from 18 hours to days to fully charge off of house current (came as an unpleasant surprise to friends). If you can find a Tesla supercharger (480 volt), you can get approx 200 mile range with a 20 minute charge.

Again, that is probably fine for daily life in an urban setting. But for driving any distance, and lots of folks between the coasts in this country do, charging time seems a pretty negative consideration. As I type, I am trying to figure out how I would manage a bird hunting trip to King Ranch much less Marathon.

I do not get the truck concept at all. Again, in an urban setting in this country I suppose there is a fairly large consumer group that will drive a F-150 or similar vehicle as a "car" or perhaps open bed SUV. That was a larger consumer group back when John Travolta was the Urban Cowboy and lines formed every evening to get into Gilley's in Dallas. But obviously Ford feels that group can support such a vehicle. But for people who actually use trucks, the performance impact on load and towing capacity is a real issue.

The following EV (Tesla) driving/operating tips are published by Gruber Motor Company which specializes in the repair and maintenance of EV vehicles - especially the Tesla. A couple caught my attention.
  1. Don’t charge all the way
  2. Avoid discharging completely
  3. Avoid Superchargers
  4. Alter your charging speed
  5. Set a charging schedule
  6. Switch over to percentage mode (for your in-car range display)
  7. Systematically measure output
  8. Don’t expose your battery to extreme temperatures
Or I can take my F250 to the Diesel pump.
9. Don't charge in your garage. Especially when it's -20 and/or a blizzard. Charge your car in the driveway and you can alternate keeping the snow from piling up on it and running into the house to stay warm. And do this for 18 hours. LOL

9. Don't charge in your garage. Especially when it's -20 and/or a blizzard. Charge your car in the driveway and you can alternate keeping the snow from piling up on it and running into the house to stay warm. And do this for 18 hours. LOL
And what will the Cost be for Charging @ Home ; .. your Electric Bill?
End all Fossil Fuels,

I saw an EV Fire Truck that Started itself on Fire

Why aren't EVs charging their batteries as the drive? Remember the old bicycle headlamp? It was mounted on the front fork and a lever would set a cam against the tire for the light to come on as one rode the bicycle. Basically, a magneto system. Surely, some genius could come up with a system that would keep an EV battery "topped off" with a charge or close to it while the car was in motion. If not, I would only consider a hybrid with a small gasoline engine as a backup in a CAR doing nothing more than going from point A to point B on PAVEMENT. I'll keep my F250 diesel for hauling and pulling.

And what will the Cost be for Charging @ Home ; .. your Electric Bill?
End all Fossil Fuels,

I saw an EV Fire Truck that Started itself on Fire
I wouldn't know what the cost would be in electricity? During a blizzard, I would have it plugged into my neighbor's outdoor plug on the side of his house anyway. LOL

... The Whistleblower hearing was great btw.
Pure political theater from both sides. Talkin' it to death. Biden is (probably) wildly corrupt and incompetent to boot. Trump is a lightning rod for contriversy and leftist rage. Great choice. Who will bring the USA out of division and stagnation? Neither of these two men, for sure.

Pure political theater from both sides. Talkin' it to death. Biden is (probably) wildly corrupt and incompetent to boot. Trump is a lightning rod for contriversy and leftist rage. Great choice. Who will bring the USA out of division and stagnation? Neither of these two men, for sure.
Idk .. and that's it. ie, Mitch McConnell & Kevin Mcarthy should be out there pushing for the corruption of all departments,
I wonder: Can you really believe any of them really care about whats going on ..
You Know,

Last edited:
Why aren't EVs charging their batteries as the drive? Remember the old bicycle headlamp? It was mounted on the front fork and a lever would set a cam against the tire for the light to come on as one rode the bicycle. Basically, a magneto system. Surely, some genius could come up with a system that would keep an EV battery "topped off" with a charge or close to it while the car was in motion. If not, I would only consider a hybrid with a small gasoline engine as a backup in a CAR doing nothing more than going from point A to point B on PAVEMENT. I'll keep my F250 diesel for hauling and pulling.
Probably due to the inconvenience of physics.

Edit...

That might come off a bit more snarky than intended. The headlamp is not the driving force of the bicycle, your legs are the primary means of locomotion. The more complicated you make a vehicle the more likely it is going to have maintenance issues, to say nothing of the increase in cost. There is a limit to how much energy can be "recycled" and the cost is sometimes prohibitive in carving out more efficiency in a given system. "Surely, some genius..." is not a healthy proactive stance in developing new technology. It usually end in "I'll keep my F250..."

Last edited:
They have a Pump @ the Local Ford, She said $80 for a full Tank. Here, someone was Towed from WI to Escanaba and an overnight stay to charge the thing.

Anyway: Here's the Battery Invoice for a Hybrid & EV
ev1.jpg

ev2.jpg

Last edited:
When I review the apparent total lack of any moral compass being displayed by US politicians, particularly the ideologues in the Democrat party I will not be at all surprised if Joe Biden is assassinated. Naturally it will be staged to look like a right-wing extremist with an AR was responsible.
What do I see as motivation? It would turn Joe into a martyr, end all of the investigations into his treason, racketeering and extortion, give the Democrat party a primary where the selected candidate could be nominated without all of the division that dropping a sitting president would entail AND they could press for more gun control legislation (recall 1968) and extended authority for the government to violate the rights of citizens. If I were Joe, I'd regularly check my 6.
this may not come to pass- and I hope not- it just shows my opinion of the puppeteers of our present government and their means justifies any action mentality.

Probably due to the inconvenience of physics.

Edit...

That might come off a bit more snarky than intended. The headlamp is not the driving force of the bicycle, your legs are the primary means of locomotion. The more complicated you make a vehicle the more likely it is going to have maintenance issues, to say nothing of the increase in cost. There is a limit to how much energy can be "recycled" and the cost is sometimes prohibitive in carving out more efficiency in a given system. "Surely, some genius..." is not a healthy proactive stance in developing new technology. It usually end in "I'll keep my F250..."
Well, I will keep my F250! LOL However, I'm thinking (I know dangerous) for an EV "clown car" on pavement, SMALL electric motors with a gear reduction powered by the turning of each wheel would be sufficient to keep an EV battery charge somewhat "topped off" until one could drive around for hours trying to find a public charging station that was working? I wouldn't, but then I have my F250.

I wouldn't know what the cost would be in electricity? During a blizzard, I would have it plugged into my neighbor's outdoor plug on the side of his house anyway. LOL

I grew up with a set of twins that are by far the cheapest SOBs I know. One of them was a self-employed trucker for a short while. When I would drive by his house in the warm months his rig would be parked at his home. During the cold months I would see it parked beside his parents barn a mile down the road....

Why aren't EVs charging their batteries as the drive? Remember the old bicycle headlamp? It was mounted on the front fork and a lever would set a cam against the tire for the light to come on as one rode the bicycle. Basically, a magneto system. Surely, some genius could come up with a system that would keep an EV battery "topped off" with a charge or close to it while the car was in motion.
A basic doctrine in physics is that energy is never gained or lost- just changed from one type to another. as such, the equation of energy generated will equal energy spent. A generator being turned can make X amount of energy, but the energy spent turning the generator will always be less than the amount generated because the generation is not 100% efficient and there are other types of energy that take some of the energy, primarily heat.

so unless someone develops a method of breaking a foundation of physics doctrine, then the efforts will be doomed to failure.

When I review the apparent total lack of any moral compass being displayed by US politicians, particularly the ideologues in the Democrat party I will not be at all surprised if Joe Biden is assassinated. Naturally it will be staged to look like a right-wing extremist with an AR was responsible.
What do I see as motivation? It would turn Joe into a martyr, end all of the investigations into his treason, racketeering and extortion, give the Democrat party a primary where the selected candidate could be nominated without all of the division that dropping a sitting president would entail AND they could press for more gun control legislation (recall 1968) and extended authority for the government to violate the rights of citizens. If I were Joe, I'd regularly check my 6.
this may not come to pass- and I hope not- it just shows my opinion of the puppeteers of our present government and their means justifies any action mentality.
Good point, nothing would suprise me.

60% of US Voters are between age 18 to 30yr olds. you get it. ie, Student Loan Bailout's "Loophole around the Supreme Court Decision" & Illegal. (Unconstitutional)
This would take a whole day to type out ...

The US is The Only Country In the World, with an Open Border. 7 Million & Counting since 2021. They'll be able to Vote.

A basic doctrine in physics is that energy is never gained or lost- just changed from one type to another. as such, the equation of energy generated will equal energy spent. A generator being turned can make X amount of energy, but the energy spent turning the generator will always be less than the amount generated because the generation is not 100% efficient and there are other types of energy that take some of the energy, primarily heat.

so unless someone develops a method of breaking a foundation of physics doctrine, then the efforts will be doomed to failure.
Nevermind then. I was trying to think outside of the box. Pandora's? LOL

What about the reduction transmission gears powered by the blades (wind) of giant wind turbines? They wouldn't be financially viable if they used more energy then they produced? Guess it's not comparable though to EV tires spinning electric motor gears?
As a side note, we had an experimental methane recovery plant here built over an old landfill for many years. They finally dismantled it because it was using more electricity to power it than the methane it recovered for power generation. I guess not everything works like it does on paper?

Last edited:
You should take a breath. ;) I don't think a single person on this thread has any confidence in his leadership.
Glad to hear that! My thoughts have been that anything that JoeB supports needs to be looked at with a very jaundiced eye, even if it seems like a good idea.

Now here is another not original thought, but one that was posited by a guy on FOX just now, Jesse Waters.
Since its pretty obvious that JoeB is crooked, and also compromised and likely by UKRAINE for obvious reasons, Jesse wondered aloud if UKRAINE is holding something over JoeB's head that would prove beyond anyone's doubt of his corruption.
This seems highly likely to me, though probably will never be proven.
As I type this another guest on with Jesse, ex FBI agent says that UKRAINE does have the phone tapes proving JoeB's corruption.
In any kind of sane world, impeachment proceedings would be opened tonight! Its the only way that any of this will ever get the air time needed to get JoeB out of office at least keep him from running again, though in truth I dont believe he will be the nominee.

I am confident that Biden has contributed virtually nothing to this decision process. Every indicator is that the war is being managed by Jake Sullivan - the National Security Advisor. He was a unique choice for the job. He hasn't an iota of either diplomatic or military experience. He is an election lawyer and strategist. Who better to strategically manage a war and the NATO coalition?

But I do think it may explain the administration's overly cautious response. Stopping Russian ambitions is a critical national interest. But from Sullivan's perspective, so is winning the next election. He will do nothing bold or decisive.
But for one thing Joe. Biden must still sign on the dotted line to keep this going. Is that not so? I agree that he cant find his way to the mens room without help, but he is the President and has the final say.
Watching him get lost today inside the WH after his brief AI presser was just unreal.
Couple days ago, while with Jill on the way to Marine One, as they approached the grass, Jill pointed to the grass to let Joe know that walking was about to get tricky! She literally was warning him.

Glad to hear that! My thoughts have been that anything that JoeB supports needs to be looked at with a very jaundiced eye, even if it seems like a good idea.

Now here is another not original thought, but one that was posited by a guy on FOX just now, Jesse Waters.
Since its pretty obvious that JoeB is crooked, and also compromised and likely by UKRAINE for obvious reasons, Jesse wondered aloud if UKRAINE is holding something over JoeB's head that would prove beyond anyone's doubt of his corruption.
This seems highly likely to me, though probably will never be proven.
As I type this another guest on with Jesse, ex FBI agent says that UKRAINE does have the phone tapes proving JoeB's corruption.
In any kind of sane world, impeachment proceedings would be opened tonight! Its the only way that any of this will ever get the air time needed to get JoeB out of office at least keep him from running again, though in truth I dont believe he will be the nominee.
The problem with us vs them politics is that it blinds the respective parties to logic and facts. Biden is crooked, a Ukrainian company paid Hunter Biden money, therefore any support of Ukraine must be a result of that corruption.

I find that sort of deductive "reasoning" sophomoric whether coming from the right or the left.

US national interests, the threat represented by a rejuvenated Russian empire in Eastern Europe, the ability of China to exploit that threat over the coming decades are irrelevant to the hatred for Biden and democrats. It is exactly the same behavior demonstrated among the left with respect to any policy supported by Trump or republicans in general. Both are the height of irresponsibility with respect for what is best for the country.

To be clear, with regard to Russian ambitions in Ukraine, I could care less what Biden's relationship might or might not be with a Ukrainian energy company. I am confident that is the case with respect to most of those in the administration and the armed forces actually working to support Ukraine.

That does not mean that support is being managed competently. I have expressed my assessment of the National Security advisor and the President. I do not see how that has anything to do with Burisma. Indeed, one would assume if that were the case, the administration's support of Ukraine would be far more robust.

With respect to impeachment, and fully realizing this is of no interest to you and all those others certain of Biden's corruption, but the FD-1023 released by Grassley is no more verified than the allegations in the Steele Dossier. I would suggest a former FBI agent certain that tapes exist is no more meaningful than Schiff assuring the nation he had the goods on Trump. My party, thank God, won't pursue impeachment on that thread.

From my perspective, all of this political hyperventilating is irrelevant to any sane examination of what actions are in our national interests. At the moment, Ukraine is front and center.

One more point. If it can be proven that Biden sold an action as VP for money, he needs to go to prison. If his son sold his last name for an implied return on that investment, that is, at least to me, unethical as it can be, but sadly, not illegal.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeramyHead

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!