Politics

Trump's lead now down to 1.2 in the latest RCP composite average. :unsure:

Maybe, but she mostly just acts and carries herself like a Christian lady from South Carolina (nothing wrong with that) and her parents are Sikh, not Hindu. Vivek is unabashedly Hindu. Not that anything is wrong with the religion someone practices at all, just an observation.
My problem with Vivek, who initially intrigued me, is he has tried so hard to play the Trump lapdog and sounds sophomoric when he stumbles around foreign policy issues. I assume he is working hard to be the VP selection or have a major department - (State no doubt :oops:).

Trump's lead now down to 1.2 in the latest RCP composite average. :unsure:

I had not seen that site. Boy howdy... some of those polls are AALLLLLL over the place. Maybe that's the nature of polls? I notice that Haley's composite average is 3.3, though several sites have her up double digits. I found it interesting that she is down the biggest to Biden on Fox's poll. :p

Would you say the same of Trump supporters in Georgia that listened to Trump that elections are rigged and concluded that they should stay home and not bother voting in 2021 Senate runoff elections? That gave the Senate to Democrats, a big reason why we are in the situation we are in.
Truth in that. That is one of the things that ticks me off about Trump. That was a pure case of putting himself ahead of his party and the country and especially his mindless supporters who obviously did what he said with no thoughts of the consequences.

If Zeihan is correct in this assessment, then a vote for Trump in the primaries is ironically a vote for Biden in the general (or whomever the Democratic candidate turns out to be):

I can see the logic of what he says. That message isn't going to play well with Trump supporters.

Yes, but Kirk changed the program and won. :LOL:
Isn't that in effect what Trump did in 2016?

And even what the Democrats did in 2020? I mean they simply kept their candidate in the basement. Just think how much more popular he'd be today of they still had him locked in there still so he wouldn't be making a fool of himself;)

Those have to both be the most unconventional presidential elections in modern times if not ever...

In 2028 as President Trump prepares to leave office and can no longer be president of the U. S., who is the next likely Republican Candidate to run for president?
No way we can know that. Way to any variables and unknowns.

Right now it looks like one of the top 3 candidates behind Trump but this too will change as time and events go by....

In 2028 as President Trump prepares to leave office and can no longer be president of the U. S., who is the next likely Republican Candidate to run for president?
I'd pose the question as, in 2028 as President Newsome prepares to run for his second term will Trump still try to run and screw over the country for another 4 years? :unsure:

I'd pose the question as, in 2028 as President Newsome prepares to run for his second term will Trump still try to run and screw over the country for another 4 years? :unsure:

As sad as that is to actually consider, I honestly choked on my breakfast reading it. Thanks for the morning laugh. Maybe it's not really funny at all? But I thought that perfectly summed up how and who Trump is.

Last edited:
So you're against spending money to protect and secure the border, but you do want to deport every person that's come across the border in the last two years? Wouldn't it make more sense (financially and logistically) to spend the money on the border security (i.e. preventing the illegal entries) than on the agencies/enforcement to track down and deport those illegal entrants?
Thanks for catching that. I'm all for spending our money securing our own borders. Screw Zelinsky and Ukraine. Deport all illegals, period.

You actually believe the media, and polls? They're a joke.
What is a shame it must be to only listen to or read material that provides confirmation bias.

You mean the way Trump took the USA back to a position of strength and maintaining the level of World Peace we had and working systematically towards gettingus out of Afghanistanin an organizedway, the Abraham Accords, NOT inviting Putin to make a small incursion into Ukraine?

Allowed us to be the World's biggest energy producer? Ushered in a much improved tax code? Worked to enhance the business environment through cutting frivolous regulations?

I do not understand why he didn't squash the protests that burned down US cities but perhaps he helped to heal some of the racial devide Obama worked so hard to build.

I didn't care for his leadership style but did enjoy most of the results.

I would much prefer Haily or DeSantis but Trump is surely preferable to Newsom. I will grant you that under Newsom we are likely to maintain peace with China... Albeit by bending to their will and going further in their direction of governance. No thanks.

Thanks for catching that. I'm all for spending our money securing our own borders. Screw Zelinsky and Ukraine. Deport all illegals, period.
You do not present anything resembling a practical approach to any of those issues. This is the problem your portion of supporters present Trump with... I do think he knows better.

I would much prefer Haily or DeSantis but Trump is surely preferable to Newsom. I will grant you that under Newsom we are likely to maintain peace with China... Albeit by bending to their will and going further in their direction of governance. No thanks.

My point was the scenario of Biden bowing out, Democrats selecting Newsome to run against Trump and winning in 2024. Under that scenario would Trump try again in 2028 and lose once again?

IMHO Trump does have a chance to win against Biden or Kamala, albeit a small chance. I see him having no chance against someone like Newsome etc..

Trump running in 2024 now, is screwing the country over as he is running for his ego (and possibly escape jail) and there are other candidates that could win much easier than him.

As far as his 2016 Presidency goes, he did do a good job for the most part policy wise. He did make a crucial mistake in not filling the patronage jobs with GOP operatives.

Based on his comments I don't think Trump would be that great of a President in 2025 anyway. He seems to be on a revenge kick. Also, just about all the qualified folks have seen how he throws subordinates under the bus. He will end up filling positions with sycophants whose main qualifications for the job would be how often they lick his boots.

My point was the scenario of Biden bowing out, Democrats selecting Newsome to run against Trump and winning in 2024. Under that scenario would Trump try again in 2028 and lose once again?

IMHO Trump does have a chance to win against Biden or Kamala, albeit a small chance. I see him having no chance against someone like Newsome etc..

Trump running in 2024 now, is screwing the country over as he is running for his ego (and possibly escape jail) and there are other candidates that could win much easier than him.

As far as his 2016 Presidency goes, he did do a good job for the most part policy wise. He did make a crucial mistake in not filling the patronage jobs with GOP operatives.

Based on his comments I don't think Trump would be that great of a President in 2025 anyway. He seems to be on a revenge kick. Also, just about all the qualified folks have seen how he throws subordinates under the bus. He will end up filling positions with sycophants whose main qualifications for the job would be how often they lick his boots.
Yea I can agree with that;) Although I sure hope Newsom is not that easy a shoe in.....

He did make a crucial mistake in not filling the patronage jobs with GOP operatives.
I could never understand that....

You are correct, Trump would not win against Newsome, but neither will any of the other R choices. I still say that it's Newsome as the D candidiate. While the African American community would want Kamala, they will still support who ever the D's pick. And Kamala selling candles is not going to make her more likable or electable.

I doubt Trump would get the same support in 4 years that he's getting now. Most will say he had is rematch, time to move on.

Unfortunately, Trump and DeSantis both live in Florida, so that ticket is out. But I could see a Trump-Noem ticket.

Last edited:
Yea I can agree with that;) Although I sure hope Newsom is not that easy a shoe in.....
Well, Trump is in a statistical dead heat with Biden and with interest rates going down this year things people care about like mortgage rates, car interest rates etc. will be less as well. So, I expect Biden to be polling better later in the year.

Neither men can really run on character, so Biden's alleged influence peddling will not make a difference especially when compared to Trump.

Newsom, regardless of how he has mismanaged CA is a fresh face and much younger to boot. Democrats and anti-Trump independents will vote for Newsom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia