Plains Game rifle choice... Am I crazy???

Thanks! DG would be a while down the road if at all, but you never know......dang kids are expensive! I primarily hunt with a 308 here in MT so though bumpin gup might be fun and then I would have a rifle for DG should the opportunity arise. In the meantime it would be good medicine on bears and elk I’m thinking.
@MT_Fin
Just take your 308 loaded with a nice bonded bullet like Woodleigh, accubonds, AFrame, terminal ascent or what it shoots best and go have fun. My son shot everything including several with his 308.
Use the money you save for more animals and buy a bigger gun when you really need it
I know I'm a party pooper but more game is more fun
Bob

Well, at least there's one sane guy here.:)
@Hogpatrol
Were all sane here it's just the degree of sanity.
I know for a fact I'm sane, I have a letter from the psychiatrist at the hospital that says I am.
Counting flowers on the wall dint bother me at all.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Bob

I’d take my first trip with the a 30 caliber, 308, 30-06, 300 WM, what ever you’ve got. Use only premium bullets appropriate for the game hunted. Then after you return and start planning your 2nd, 3rd, etc trips, you will know more about what you want to step up to. It will help a lot trying different calibers just to learn what you are comfortable with. At least that is basically what I did and learned I cannot handle the 416s and 458s. Spend your money on another animal rather than learning how to become good with a heavy rifle for your first trip.
Just my suggestion.
Personally I take a 375 H&H to Africa with appropriate bullets for the game. I have taken from duiker and caracal on the small end to Cape buffalo and crocodile on the large and difficult shot with it.
Best of luck in your decision and I’m sure you’re going to have an awesome adventure!
@Ridge Runner
My sentiments exactly.
Fortunately great minds think alike. Pity I haven't got a great mind.
Bob

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen,

Appreciate the like and that great minds think alike. Having ready what you quotaed from @Ridgewalker, I concur with @Ridgewalker's thread.

Just that you mistakened me, @Ridge Runner with @Ridgewalker.

No Problem on my end, but would rather, and perhaps @Ridgewalker, would appreciate that he get's his due credit.:cool:

Admittedly, I was a bit embarrassed when I mistook @ActionBob for you at my first SCI Convention. @ActionBob was another member I wanted to meet, just not by mistaken identity.

Contrary to your modesty, you do have, maybe not a great mind, but a good handle on various subject matters. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichellPie

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]