Pistol Reccomendation?

Nice!

But I had enough trouble finding a gun shop who were willing to sell me a middle of the road gun on a temp visitor's permit (even if it's entirely legal). That... might be a step too far.

Still, if I wanna go full Team America then maybe a green card next year, then CCW license after that. As it turns out, I can't carry as a 'legal non-resident alien' anyway.
Alistair, after reading this thread! Welcome to America! Enjoy your stay here, could it become permanent? The Beretta has a great reputation & is easy to shoot, congratulations. The only real suggestion I can make is, I’d stay away from any military “steel” cased ammo, no matter how appealing the price. Keep us posted on your progress.
good shooting & welcome!

Alistair, after reading this thread! Welcome to America! Enjoy your stay here, could it become permanent? The Beretta has a great reputation & is easy to shoot, congratulations. The only real suggestion I can make is, I’d stay away from any military “steel” cased ammo, no matter how appealing the price. Keep us posted on your progress.
good shooting & welcome!
Thanks and yes, I've enough experience with milsurp of all kinds that I won't use it in any gun that I care about.

The move is open ended. I've got 3 years on the visa, 3 more as a renewal option then a decision is to be made around green card. The company will sponsor me which helps.

So far, I like America and I expect I might stay. I'll be buying a house next winter and most of my stuff is here now, so unless I get a better job offer elsewhere I don't expect to leave any time soon!

Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldFran

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]