Piper Rifles .500J

Congratulations , you have a beautiful rifle , I wish you many happy hunts with it ! ( I am envious )

Awesome rifle. Congratulations.
Can you tell us about the magazine work/ capacity, follower modifications, weight?

Thats a helluva recoil pad, and a good idea.
I wanted to enjoy shooting it, plus I have such a long length of pull it works. My gunsmith shot it quite a bit and said it really tames it. Was quite surprised actually. I’ll give a report on it when I get to shoot it.

Perfection in a rifle. How many cartridges can the magazine hold ? 3+1 ?

Awesome rifle. Congratulations.
Can you tell us about the magazine work/ capacity, follower modifications, weight?

Thats a helluva recoil pad, and a good idea.
9.5 lbs. 3 down but it’s tight, Piper modified the follower from the Blackburn 505 Gibbs follower, I can’t remember which Blackburn bottom metal, I think it was the 500j!

9.5 lbs. 3 down but it’s tight, Piper modified the follower from the Blackburn 505 Gibbs follower, I can’t remember which Blackburn bottom metal, I think it was the 500j!
Please post a range report when you get the rifle in your hands.

I’ve been fascinated by August Schulers 12.7x70 biggest cartridge in the M98, since reading about the.500 Jeffery in John Taylor’s “African Rifles and Cartridges “.
The apex of gunmakers.

Very nice rifle. Your smith did a great job. That matrix barrel is a thing of beauty. hope it shoots as well as it looks.

A work of art and tool of beauty. But I have to ask, what’s the LOP and thought behind the recoil pad?

This rifle is absolutely mind blowing. Ben, at Piper rifles went above and beyond and did phenomenal work! I literally don’t know how it could get any better. I’ll have a range report today!

Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship! What a work of art you have in a functional working DG Rifl!

I’ll be taking this rifle to Zimbabwe and hunting the Save Valley with Guy Whittall in August 2024. Our group has 5 buffalo tags. Absolutely pumped.
Beautiful rifle and good luck with the hunt.

Looking forward to seeing a pic it leaned against a buff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrishSeris

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia