Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
NWTF/RMEF/NRA/ECC/DSC/SCI/RMBHSF/WSF
Hunted
Cameroon/RSA/New Zealand/Botswana/Mexico/Alaska
IMG_3510.jpeg

Picked up my Arizona desert bighorn sheep shoulder mount today. Kofa NWR - Unit 45C. December 13, 2022. Day 5 of 10 day hunt. Rifle. Sundowner Guide Service.

Very blessed, grateful, and thankful for the privilege and opportunity to hunt such a unique species. See you on the mountain. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

IMG_7301.jpeg

Wow, what an animal. Looks like the tips are well worn.

Nice looking shoulder mount.

Beauty! How many points to draw that hunt?

I got extremely lucky - 13 Nonresident points to draw this DBHS tag. One Arizona resident I met applied for 48 years and finally drew a sheep tag in his late 70s. He also took a nice ram the previous year to my hunt.

Gorgeous. Can we see a side view??

IMG_1811.jpeg

Side view of DBHS ram. Photo taken at G&F mandatory check in and plugging of horns by wildlife official. Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

IMG_1810.jpeg

Front view at check-in. Game and Fish biologists take several photos of all harvested sheep along with hair samples and then study the data afterwards.

IMG_7304.jpeg

Great group of men on the hunt. Fun times.

Tom Love the side view and the mass! There is nothing more rewarding than going after a single animal and the subsequent gratification that results in success from putting in the time and effort - well done Sir!

Congratulations, that’s a beautiful ram! Hunting Desert Sheep is a privilege to be savored and remembered for the rest of our lives. Not enough dedicated hunters will ever have the experience.

Congratulations, there are several of us on here who apply in AZ every year hoping we might get lucky like you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loyd27R071

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!