Photo Question?

Buffalo1

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Pope & Young Club; DSC; SCI; MS Bowhunters Assoc
Hunted
Wondering why do people post photo on the website, yet the hunter distorts his/her face. Why is the hunter/huntress ashamed to be seen in the photo? Why did these people even post a photo?

Might not be correct but most of the photos where the faces are blurred out are when the Safari company is posting the photo. They probably feel they need to have permission to post a photo of a client???

I don’t think it has anything to do with being ashamed of anything they have done. A lot of people have jobs that they don’t need the drama that comes along with hunting by the antis, employers and clients are fast about stalking someone on social media and if they deem that it is bad PR or differs from their opinion of acceptable they have no problem firing you or complaining to your management and causing a shit storm! This is the only social media that I’m on and participate regularly. I honestly could give a shit what anyone thinks of what I do on my own time but I don’t actively go post my political views, hobbies or for that matter anything personal on a site like book of faces. I could care less if on Saturday night you had tofu and Brussel sprouts while doing a duck lip selfie with your transgender non binary blue haired bestie! Unfortunately live and let live crowd is getting smaller by the day.

I ain’t skeered, as some say in East Texas. :cool:

I keep my face out of photos on this forum. Once you put your photos on this site you have given up ownership of them. This forum is fully public and anti-hunters troll this website as actively as we do. I see no need to post my face. It doesn’t affect the quality of information I give and potentially saves me from problems in 10 or 20 years. Take a look at the members online section, click on guests and robots and look at what they are viewing, you may be very surprised. Also look at where some of the search engines originate from.

Yes, it’s actually pretty easy to find out who people are in pics nowadays.

what I never understood is why the hunter/outfitters do not simply take extra pics of just the animal, or the animal with the trackers if they do not want to be in the pic. It’s literally a single push of the finger and we can avoid all the blue face silliness.

I hate that and it doesn’t help the image of hunters at all because it is too similar to how the faces of criminals are often handled in the news. It sends a message you’re ashamed or a criminal and I wish people would not post at all rather than blur their faces.
There’s in outfit doing safari videos on YouTube that blurs the client and it comes off as some undercover video of an illegal activity.

I hate that and it doesn’t help the image of hunters at all because it is too similar to how the faces of criminals are often handled in the news. It sends a message you’re ashamed or a criminal and I wish people would not post at all rather than blur their faces.
There’s in outfit doing safari videos on YouTube that blurs the client and it comes off as some undercover video of an illegal activity.
Wow. Had no idea people were blurring faces in videos. Yes, that seems more like a sting operation than a legitimate endeavor. Crazy.

Like @Buffalo1 , I've often wondered myself why someone would bother to post a picture of themselves with an animal that they hunted, but have their face altered/covered/whatever. I don't like it. I understand that without the client's permission, the outfitter may not want to share photos (as said by @Bhfs300 ) but there are several put up by the hunter him/herself. For whatever reason it almost annoys me! Like @baxterb said, just take one of the animal itself then. I would rather see that then a face made unrecognizable. I think it's because on some level I feel that it's showing shame, even though people may be just trying to avoid complications. I think that if everyone actually knew what we do for conservation and habitat, and really actually understood hunting, that we would have nothing to worry about, and no need to hide. But I also realize that's not going to happen. I think when I see blanked out faces and whatnot it just reaffirms to me that we as hunters are often misunderstood.

I am fortunate and am retired. Should some woke, green, bunny hugging LGBTQ activist wishes to show up at the property gate ...... well, good luck with that.

HOWEVER, were I still running a business unit with my old corporation, that would be a different issue entirely. It is easy to act with all sorts of great assurance until one's livelihood is at stake.

Last edited:
The protagonists in this little drama removed the video after seeing the commentary here on AH. No fringe factor, no one had to protest at their door, just expressions ranging from concern to horror from hunters.
Maybe their real nightmare is still in the offing.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/one-of-the-worst-examples-of-hunting-i-have-seen.67782/

We don’t allow personal information to be posted on AH for a reason. It is very easy to abuse. Some folks manage the threat while still participating in the community.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebecca Bobby

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?