Peregrine VRG3 Bushmaster - RSA Manufactured Bullet

Thanks for the replay.

What load would you suggest in 470ne for it to regulate?

Regards,
Hi Roan
I would surly go with S365 powder and now depending on the batch of powder I would start on 103gr and work my way up to MAX 109gr.
Somchem tested our 500gr bullets against a Swift bullet for pressure. This was the results.

.470 NÈ Peregrine 500gr VRG2/3
S365 MAX 109gr @ 2196 fps with 39150 psi

.470 NÈ Swift A-Frame 500gr
S365 MAX 100gr @ 2189 fps with 38947 psi

(With these results you can also clearly see that Peregrine has a lot less pressure than a normal mono bullet)

I assisted Johan Calitz in loading two of his 470's and they both regulated nicely on 107gr S365 with LOT 080 at 0.1% deviation on the powder.

Hi Folks,

Resurecting an old thread but might be worth it.

Thinking of loading the VRG3 in a couple of things:

1) 9.3x62 - mainly be for wild boar. Not sure to go 230gr or 250gr weight. Any thoughts?
2) .44 mag - 205 gr probably with a load of Viht N110 (also have H110 but really needs a magnum primer)

Any thoughts?

I’m a die hard Swift A-Frame guy, but did hunt Limpopo with the Peregrine plains master out of a 300 H&H. Shot Roan, Sable and 5 smaller animals with excellent results. It is an excellent bullet that I would not hesitate to hunt anywhere with. I love the fact that the cheaper non expanding bullet can be used for load development and then load the expanding for hunting. I had zero POI shift from non-x to expanding.
I did not recover any of the bullets but one thing that really struck me as spectacular was a frontal shot on a Steenbok. I was certain at the shot that the entire rear of the little guy would be a blob of gelatin and ruined for taxidermy, not the case, 30 cal hole in, maybe 40ish at exit. All internals were of course destroyed. Not sure it I was lucky or this is normal with this bullet, I would like to further test this.
Cheers,
Cody

Cheers Cody! I'm intrigued by the flat meplat for short ranges and the energy transfer in terms of angry pigs in thick brush

I’ve used the 300gr .375 Bushmaster on a Buff, Zebra and Giraffe (next shot). Used the Plainsmaster on all sorts of game from Civet and Grysbok on the smaller side to Waterbuck and Zebra (x2) on the heavier end, 165gr from my 30-06. Always excellent results.

Has anyone in Australia gotten a hold of any of these projectiles ?

Add a buffalo, steenbok, blesbok, black wildebeest and impala to the list using a 375 caliber, 300 grain Bushmaster.

Only problem at the moment is their availability in the US. Hopefully that will change.

SOUTH AFRICA: BOWHUNT: Buffalo & Plains Game Rifle/Bowhunting With Limpopo Big Game Safaris In January 2021 RSA

I've got several cals of VRG3:

205gr for .44 mag
250gr which will be going in a 9.3x62 over N150.

I am tempted to get the 100gr version for use in 257 Roberts as well...

Scrummy

Who stocks these in RSA? Safari and Outdoor don't appear to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLKKendra

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with