Pedestal Mounts

How does such a large head get stabilized? Is there lots of weight in the pedestal? Is it fastened to the floor?

The threaded rod which is the main attachment point for the manikin is located so that the center of gravity is farther back in the manikin. Also, the base itself had to be built just wide enough to maintain the point of balance.. I helped my taxidermist position the mount on the base before it was secured. It took a bit of tweaking and repositioning, but it worked..

BTW, My taxidermist for 20 years is Jose Hernandez of Animal Gallery. He is located in Miami, Florida. I am extremely picky about taxidermy and Jose is one of the most talented taxidermists and artists I have come across. He has over 25 years of experience with African game and I highly recommend his work to anyone who is interested in excellent taxidermy at very fair pricing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,572,982
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top