Partition 416 : any opinion?

They will work fine, I have seen two buffalo shot with the 416 Rem and 400NP in Mozambique this August, they worked well, retained weight was 367grn.
I shot a Buffalo with My 416 Rigby and swift Aframes, retained weight 395.7grn. Both will work, swifts are just better.

416 Rigby Federal Fctory load. A rib cage shot is not nearly as tough as a big heavy mauscled and suport bone is. The bullet did not exit on a straight rib cage shot and look at ho mangled it is.

If you like that type of performance, then be my guest, but I'll go TSX next time

'Morning Friends, I plan to find a good recipe for my 416 Rem - I will start in autumn but I'd like to ask an advice to you all well in advance.
I have Norma 203B, Norma Brass, Fed 215 and.... Nosler Partitions 400 gr.
Now : I know it's not the first bullet that comes to mind talking about African Buffalo. A Frames, Woodleighs, Barnes come first. As you know, all impossibile to find by now (and I guess for a long time) at least here in Italy. I'd like to know if any of you have any good/bad experiences with them in that caliber/weight/velocity combination - to say : any of the 416 firing that bullet.
I have great confidence in Partitions in 30 and 338 cal, but I know African DG is a totally different game.
Any opinion?

Are you able to import bullets in Italy?
Say Woodleighs?
Woodleigh factory will be in full swing very soon?
I use 400 Grain Woodleighs in my 416.

Look up the Italian Mauser guys,Enrico Andreoli ,they try and test,get a lot of bullets of various kind.

LFB in Germany also make some very good bullets,.416 also and ammo. Solids,bonded core,and so on,

Thank you friends!
I've found Barnes TSX 400, but my goal would be find Swift and Woodleighs.
Unfortunately at the moment they are both pretty difficult (say : impossible) to find, just I hope the situation will get better in the next few months...
In factory load, my barrel likes very much Swifts 400 anyway.
I'll try to conctat that Enrico Andreoli, he would be a great source indeed.
Also I want to look for that German brand, LFB!

They will work fine, I have seen two buffalo shot with the 416 Rem and 400NP in Mozambique this August, they worked well, retained weight was 367grn.
I shot a Buffalo with My 416 Rigby and swift Aframes, retained weight 395.7grn. Both will work, swifts are just better.
Very good to know, as I have many NP and they groups also very well in my rifle!
Swift and NP 400 make both tight groups, the first maybe better, but the Partitions also do very well...

I shot two buff in Zim with the 300 gr. Barnes monolithic solid. The first was broadside and it knocked him off his feet . He got up and rain maybe 50 yds. And done. The second was a frontal at 40 yds. The guide also put one in as he ran away with a 535 gr solid from 500 Jeff. Knocked him off his feet. The shot I made was great it wood have been fatal. From a 416 I would just shoot solids the hole is so big!!!
This year I shot a buff broadside at 40 yds with 375 Barnes Monolithic. PH insisted on solids. Buff ram maybe 200yds when I shot him facing and he dropped. I used to think soft then solid but after hunting with 2 PH that have killed hundreds of buff and somewhere around 250 elephant. I’m sold on Solids!!
CA546379-F174-4314-A302-6B90D5154FDE.jpeg

I shot two buff in Zim with the 300 gr. Barnes monolithic solid. The first was broadside and it knocked him off his feet . He got up and rain maybe 50 yds. And done. The second was a frontal at 40 yds. The guide also put one in as he ran away with a 535 gr solid from 500 Jeff. Knocked him off his feet. The shot I made was great it wood have been fatal. From a 416 I would just shoot solids the hole is so big!!!
This year I shot a buff broadside at 40 yds with 375 Barnes Monolithic. PH insisted on solids. Buff ram maybe 200yds when I shot him facing and he dropped. I used to think soft then solid but after hunting with 2 PH that have killed hundreds of buff and somewhere around 250 elephant. I’m sold on Solids!!View attachment 498608
This is a good advice from a solid source, thank you so much!
Never thought about using only solids before, it makes sense, the caliber is quite large indeed....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuldaCash

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg