Optics for my new rifle

Big leupold fan as well. I used to shoot a lot of zeiss… but side by side with comparable prices leupold I don’t see any notable difference in clarity or light… and the leupolds typically have more features and better eye relief for me…

Combine that with the VIP program pricing I can get from leupold… and leupolds warranty… leupold becomes the obvious answer (for me)…

Dong get me wrong…. Swaro, Leica, zeiss, etc are all excellent…

I just personally get more value from leupold…

I tried a 1-6 x scope with a central red dot in the reticle. On 1 x it works like a red dot- both eyes open and put the dot on your aimpoint and pull the trigger. And you still have the 6x with a normal red dot reticle. Quite frankly, 6x magnification is more than enough for any shots i could make with a 375 h&h. See if you can find someone at a range near you and try one. Might give you what you are looking for.

I tried a 1-6 x scope with a central red dot in the reticle. On 1 x it works like a red dot- both eyes open and put the dot on your aimpoint and pull the trigger. And you still have the 6x with a normal red dot reticle. Quite frankly, 6x magnification is more than enough for any shots i could make with a 375 h&h. See if you can find someone at a range near you and try one. Might give you what you are looking for.
That’s a great idea - if OP is I’m near Missouri I’d be happy to let him test a couple different setups to see what works best for him

I use Swaro Z8 1.3-13X, illuminated with red dot or DG circle dot. On low power it is effectively a red dot yet I can shoot out to distance in PG etc. There is nothing better!

This man gets it.

Like a boss: @Philip Glass
My favorite scope (4A-IF) for just about any rifle.

8FBCDA3C-C5F3-4719-B478-99E3A703D01B-2707818.jpg

942BBD67-F687-4ADF-90C4-B84102F6A85B-2707819.jpg

I really like the Swaro Z8i 1-8x24 with the 4A-IF reticle. This one happens to have the rail mount option (no rings) and mounted on my 375H&H.
1684530907323.png

There are other options that offer true 1x at the lower end of the magnification range and are a bit less expensive. The Z6i 1-6x24 comes to mind along with offerings from other manufactures.

One option I would not overlook is the illuminated reticle and how important it can be when trying to place the crosshairs in the right location on a dark animal in the shade. Non-illuminated crosshairs are nearly impossible to see in these conditions. Better to have it and not need it...

The European options are great but for the money the VX5 and VX6 Leupolds get my vote!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23bf2dd024

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.