Opening steps on first trip

Day Ten

15) Spotted a lot of Kudu over last 7 days, found this one with his girls doing sneak and peak's at the MT. High angle shot at 17?yds.

16) We first spotted this Red Hartebeest on day three, but he always gave us the slip. Found them bedded and rechewing breakfast. Took the shot as he lay back to back with another ram, 162yds. Never got up. Measured him next day, 72 inch's.

17) As we were wrapping the hunt up, saw a herd of Blue Wildebeest moving in a valley below us. Did a rock slide/butt crawl down, let them feed to us and finished the hunt with a 154yd shot that dropped him immediately.


1895.jpg


1831.jpg
1848.jpg
 
Day Eleven

Extra day at Bushmans Lodge. Travel back to USA started the next day. We had a great hunt. Bennie Lategan, owner/PH of Lategan Safaris was an excellent host and guide, couldn't have asked for more. We used his 7x57 on everything, got better shooting it as the hunt went on, dropping dead most on first shot after day 5.

Hoping and planning on returning to RSA some time in the future.


1816.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,392
Messages
1,574,862
Members
170,185
Latest member
DixieBlodg
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top