One Last Elephant Hunt - Changes In The Wind

Tokoloshe is everything I said it was!!! A fantastic old Africa experience. If you are looking for 100 elephant sightings per day and 40+ tusks this is not the place. If you are willing to work hard enjoying the experience immensely with the chance to take 15-25 pound tusks with awesome food and people then this is the place!!!

I was also one of the fortunate “4” to have enjoyed the Tokoloshe experience this year. Everything was beyond reproach. A true hunt, in a remote area with all the comforts one could ask for. I relied on past clients for information and a better understanding of the hunt and offer.
I am happy to say I was able to share my experience with the 5th hunter for 2024 during booking process (late summer hunt) and would be happy to answer questions, talk about my experience, photos, my logistics etc. for whoever is lucky enough to get the next spot. Please PM me and we can chat via WhatsApp.

This offer allowed me to do a hunt that I thought was out of reach or certainly not within the current stage of life. For those on the fence……You will regret it if you talk yourselves out of it.

I see a lot of this on here "quality can only be had at great expense." I've read with amusement the two threads of 400 posts each on the necessity of wearig Rolex watches for a "quality" safari. :D A watch tells the time. That's all. Now I see an operator is disparaged because he sells elephant hunts that are within reach of the unwashed masses. Simply can't be any good if it's that cheap. Same operator relates a story or two about clients gone wrong. Well, only a shoddy operator would do that, right? BS. A client screws up the shot, it's supposed to be a professional secret. I get that. But clients who trash the camp or sexually harass staff or pressure PH to do the wrong things, those are stories worth telling. My hat's off to operators who tell it like it is. And anyone who offers a quality experience at affordable prices should be praised.

Well, I would have been all over this if the people in ZimParks would give a bow permit.

We have sold one of two of our all inclusive $15,000 elephant hunts.

It has been brought to our attention by our last three hunters that due to our low prices that we must be running a scam which they found to not be true.I could really use the extra dollars, so if raising prices will lesson your worries we can easily do so.

We use no agents, but we have had a couple slip in as if they were the hunter. One Russian who paid twice our posted price. When we informed him what had happened he kicked the agent out did the same ele hunt over again and added leopard which he took.

Food for thought.

Lon

full
I know that all inclusive means what it says, but I don`t know if that includes rifle rental and ammo. Does it? Also, can the hunt be done with someone who has a low level of fitness?

I know that all inclusive means what it says, but I don`t know if that includes rifle rental and ammo. Does it? Also, can the hunt be done with someone who has a low level of fitness?

You have very valid questions.

I mean no offense, outfitters and PHs just need to be clear as to clients requiring special needs. As saying Low level of fitness; can mean a lot of things; from being extremely obese and plain lazy to multiple amputee with mobility problems.

Just a suggestion. If you are seriously considering this offer send Tokoloshe Safaris a PM or email. I'm confident, from reading posts of those that know Lon, he will gladly answer all your questions in better detail.

The Hunting Reports section is one of this forum's many benefits. Members post their reports about their hunts excellent to the ugly. And a great place to start the process of selecting outfitters for a hunt.

Another benefit is you can PM AH members who were clients, and/or are regular clients for more information and as a reference good or bad about an outfitter.

I will try to help give help here. The $15,000 broke out into $6,000 day rates that included all food, drink and room. I chose to bring my own tequila and scotch. I brought my own rifles so would guess there would be a slight charge to rent rifle with ammo. Based on my hunt while the terrain is not difficult given very flat it is elephant hunting so you need to be in shape to walk. Elephant hunting in Zim is not like PG in say SA where you have options if you choose to spot then drive fairly close for a stalk…elephant hunting is simply just not like that. “you hunt elephant with your feet”. If you struggle to walk 5-10 miles per day which can still be on the low end of an elephant hunt you will struggle just about anywhere hunting elephant. hope this helps!!!

... Elephant hunting in Zim is not like PG in say SA where you have options if you choose to spot then drive fairly close for a stalk…elephant hunting is simply just not like that. “you hunt elephant with your feet”. If you struggle to walk 5-10 miles per day which can still be on the low end of an elephant hunt you will struggle just about anywhere hunting elephant. hope this helps!!!
Yep, last October I shot my elephant on day 12 of a 15 day hunt. It also got to 110 F some days. A lot of walking, some on sand and some in the bush that came up to mid chest.

Can anyone run by me what "All Inclusive" typically means or includes.

Many thanks!
Everything from the time until the time you get back on, excludes tips, private purchases & fines.

I will try using the phrase “everything” or you can open a dictionary and read the diffenition.

Lon

@Tokoloshe Safaris are these exportable to the US?

I would love to go as well but time is not on my side! If it’s available in the future I will definitely go.

On a side note what is your opinion of using a 375 Ruger on Ele? Brain shot only or can a body shot work?
Personally I prefer s .40 cal or larger. No one can convince me that a properly fitted .404J or .450-.400 exceed most clients recoil limits.

I use to have a see yellow kill it yellow/red brain. We had a walk around course in dense bush. When the tracker seed the gong target. He makes or declines his shot, results are noted. Sometimes when target is quickly acquired then sticks do not get just the command shoot.

Later on we compare notes. You hit gong dead ele, you missed, do you think it was a close miss you drew blood now you owe me $$$$.

Sadly at the moment I am un able to set up A course

Lon

Hi I have a really good set of tusks ,what is the chance of finding a big old bull with broken tusks as i'm not bothered about another trophy to bring home . a memorable hunt is all i require
Small but it happens about once a year. Should be discussed beforehand.

Lon

I am aware. There is a point where honest feedback is important as well. If medication affects his ability to post where it is damaging to their business maybe it’s better not to post at times. He can do what he likes with the feedback. If he doesn’t care that’s fine, but I don’t think many of his recent posts are helpful to establishing confidence in an outfitter.
Medication has no effect on my postings. If I have made postings that offend you. On one side you have members who think I should write a book on unusual experiences (which I would not) and then we have ones like yourself who thinks that due to cancer meds I should not post at all.

What ever we will continue to offer the best standards. We will continue to offer the best possible prices and we will always offer our clients privacy.

Lon

We have sold one of two of our all inclusive $15,000 elephant hunts.

It has been brought to our attention by our last three hunters that due to our low prices that we must be running a scam which they found to not be true.I could really use the extra dollars, so if raising prices will lesson your worries we can easily do so.

We use no agents, but we have had a couple slip in as if they were the hunter. One Russian who paid twice our posted price. When we informed him what had happened he kicked the agent out did the same ele hunt over again and added leopard which he took.

Food for thought.

Lon

full
Is this the size elephant that one could expect to harvest? If not, what size (pound) would you say this one pictured is?

The elephant pictured is around 20.
This is about average +
We had made the decision not to sell the last elephant that we have on quota, and we were waiting for confirmation for another 5 yrs extension, which I received 30 minutes ago. We do know that we have to raise prices a minimum of 15%.

If you have been following this thread. There is a member who for lack of better words is saying any company that is problems selling a ele hunt should be looked on with suspicion. I as strongly suggest you contact our clients from 2024.
They all got their elephant. All trophies have been delivered to Collets taxidermy with proper documentation.

Lon

Lon, if everything falls in place, I will try to book an ele hunt with you one of these years! I read @Rare Breed report, and like everything I read about his report and your place. I don't care if the ele's tusk weight 15 or 25 lbs, is the experience I'm after. Thank you for making it affordable for some of us. I hope and pray to God that you get to beat the four-letter disease. Keep posting when you are able.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlaAnge

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here