One caliber away from contentment... who else?

He sort of looking at a 6.5x55 at the moment as well, but will probably end up with a 6-08 .
On a side note, I’ve tried a LaRue ar10 clone in 308, nightforce scope trijicon red dot, over barrel suppressor, lovely gun....owned by the SA police force, you know , the people who say south Australians cant be trusted with them, but it’s ok for them to have them as "they are trained " to use them.....that’s why they keep breaking them through lack of maintenance and we still don’t know how the guy got a round jammed in the chamber backwards
gumpy

G'day @Grumpy gumpy ,
Just realised you are an Aussie.
S.A. used to be a littlei more relaxed or less restrictive than NSW.
Before 96' you could own an AR or an SLR and other firearms restricted in NSW.

Did you ever try the Larue MBT? I like it as much or more than my geissele. For around $100 it’s a great bargain.
I too also dislike the cassette type triggers.
I'm somewhat in love with the 3 gun triggers. I have not tried the MBT. Does it feature a similar warranty? I use a Mantis Blackbeard so my triggers get used quite a bit. I also like the full power hammer spring. That was a big selling point with Geissele. JP is doing things with reduced power hammers and that's never good IMO.
I like the idea of the cassettes because I feel they increase reliability in the event of a primer getting blown out and cast down into the action. However, spring changes are important to me and I don't want to have to throw away a cassette just because they either don't want me changing parts or they went out of business...

@BeeMaa You may be interested to know that the Australian Federal Police (AFP), whose roles include policing airports in Australia, issue DD MK 18 SBRs to some members in airport security roles.

@BeeMaa You may be interested to know that the Australian Federal Police (AFP), whose roles include policing airports in Australia, issue DD MK 18 SBRs to some members in airport security roles.
Damn. MK18 has the shorty 10.3" barrel...nice. Even with a 5" suppressor it's shorter than my 16" M4V7. :ROFLMAO: I could have went that direction but there is a lot of paperwork and waiting for it to get approved. Give me some time...maybe I can convince my bride that SHE needs one too!!! You never know who might be "one caliber away...". ;)

I've gotten several responses from friends and other AH members that DD was good choice in spite of the initial cost.

Damn. MK18 has the shorty 10.3" barrel...nice. Even with a 5" suppressor it's shorter than my 16" M4V7. :ROFLMAO: I could have went that direction but there is a lot of paperwork and waiting for it to get approved. Give me some time...maybe I can convince my bride that SHE needs one too!!! You never know who might be "one caliber away...". ;)

I've gotten several responses from friends and other AH members that DD was good choice in spite of the initial cost.

I'm sure you've reminded her that another DD is for her own safety and protection :ROFLMAO:

I have

17 HMR
22 LR
6.5 Grendel
6.8 SPC
6.5 CM
6.5 PRC
7mm RM
300 PRC
12 gauge

However, I still don’t have a medium bore! As I’m actively looking at my first African safari for 2024 or 2025, it’s time for a 375 H&H or Ruger (probably H&H). Plan to take it and a PRC for a 2 rifle hunt. Alternatively, just take the 300 PRC and stick to plains game. I’m sure I’ll be content after that…

Of course, I might need a stopping rifle someday so maybe a 416 Remington or 458 Lott should go on the wish list after that :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I think the truth is, I’m always 1 firearm away from contentment… Now that I’ve gotten over selling the ones I don’t use as much to try something new, it’s a great way to pass time.

I see.... say, have we done business or exchanged favours in the past...?

Russ

Hey Russ - Merry Christmas - not that I recall - by my memory is not what it used to be :E Shrug: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BookerReno

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles