On my way

Hopefully everything will be smooth from here on out, good luck, stay down wind and shoot straight!

I hope your travel gets back on track. Best of luck. Looking forward to reading your hunt report soon.

I am at the gate and there is a big plane directly out the window and the sky bridge is hooked up. I’m gonna take that as a good sign. Still haven’t started boarding yet for a 1:00 pm scheduled departure. I have been in contact with Dempsey Bayly, my PH for this hunt. He has been great so hopefully I will get to shake his hand here in about 16-17 hours. They just started calling for boarding. Here. We. Go.

All the best to you!
I'm looking forward to pics

Oh man that truly sucks! did they say if it was mechanical or what? Well, safe travels, and don't worry about the things you can't control, you will soon be in Africa, and this will be in the rearview mirror. Good luck, have fun, shoot straight, and take lots of pictures. We like lots of pictures with the hunt report. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Good luck, Sir! Hope you have a great hunt!

Modern airtravel at its best. Seem we have all been on the receiving end of hurry up and wait options. Now that you are boarded and gone. you should be shaking your PH's hand and on the way to the bush. Best of luck and shoot straight. Hippo's are a good hunt.. look forward to your report.

On my way home. Had a fantastic hunt with Bayly/Sipple Safari Company. Don’t have time right now to do a proper hunt report and it may take a few days since I have quite a bit of hurricane clean up to do once home, fortunately no significant damage to anything and all my folks rode it out safely. Then I’ve got an alligator hunt here at home since I drew a tag.

I’ll give some quick thoughts though to wet the appetite. Tracking/hunting an on land hippo was absolutely and by far the most intense hunt I have ever done. Dempsey Bayly is a true professional in every sense of the word and kept us safe the entire time. A true joy to hunt with. My 404 Jeffery preformed well and I am glad I had it in hand at the moment of truth. The Barnes Flat Nosed solids, loaded for me by John with Safari Arms in New York preformed flawlessly. Also, I must give a big shout out to AH and the members here. I purchased the Barnes Projectiles and the 404 Jeffery brass
IMG_5494.jpeg
from members here. Without this site’s people and willingness to help out other hunters I would not have had such a memorable hunt. Look for a proper write up in the hunting report forum but until I am able to do that, here is a bit of a preview.

Wonderful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23bf2dd024

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.