On my way

Fatback

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I am in the Atlanta airport waiting for flight 200 for my 5th African Safari. I’ll be hunting with Bayly/Sippel Safaris. I will primarily be hunting a hippo with a couple of other possibilities depending how the hippo hunt goes. I owe a great big thank you to AH and the members here. Over the past year this has been a great resources for me in terms of entering the world of bigger rifles and planning this adventure and some other upcoming adventures. I will be taking my 404Jeffery and a 375H&H. Both Winchester M70s. I plan on writing a full report once I get back, hopefully with some pictures. Now to just get through the next 24 hours or so.

It's a long ride to get there, but well worth it as you already know. Have fun and shoot straight!

Have fun and good luck! Safe travels.

Have a great hunt! Looking forward to your report.

Good luck.

Safe travels and bringing out the . Shoot straight and wishing you lots of luck!

HH

Safe travels. I know you’ll have a great time.

Good luck and safe travels, I will be making that flight next June!

Appreciate the well wishes. Currently sitting at the gate, flight has been delayed. Hopefully we will be boarding soon and getting under way. All part of traveling half way round the world.

Have fun, look forward to the report!

Spoke too soon. Flight cancelled tonight. Rescheduled to tomorrow at 1:00 pm. TIA, This Is Atlanta.
well damn... false starts suck....

Well last night/early this am has been quite the adventure. Delta got all of us Lyft vouchers and hotel vouchers then rebooked us on the 1:00 pm flight today. Well, my Lyft driver never showed up and I had to download the Uber ap at 2:30 am and get a ride to the hotel.

Once here, Let’s just say this this isn’t a place I would have ever stayed at if I had any choice in the matter. No safety latch on the room door, elevator out of order, a sign at the front desk requiring a $100 cash deposit to ensure “no smoking” in the rooms, (I didn’t pay it) just sketchy all the way around. Thankfully I was able to get a few hours sleep and now I’m gonna gather my stuff and my thoughts and try and make my way back to the airport. Delta kept our checked bags at the airport so thankfully I don’t have to re-check those. So there is that on a positive note. Now what are the chances they make it on my same flight today at 1:00pm or that the 1:00 pm flight makes it skyward. Those are just some of the burning questions that will be answered later. Stay tuned….

Damn that sucks, however, knowing what awaits hopefully makes it easier. Enjoy!

Well last night/early this am has been quite the adventure. Delta got all of us Lyft vouchers and hotel vouchers then rebooked us on the 1:00 pm flight today. Well, my Lyft driver never showed up and I had to download the Uber ap at 2:30 am and get a ride to the hotel.

Once here, Let’s just say this this isn’t a place I would have ever stayed at if I had any choice in the matter. No safety latch on the room door, elevator out of order, a sign at the front desk requiring a $100 cash deposit to ensure “no smoking” in the rooms, (I didn’t pay it) just sketchy all the way around. Thankfully I was able to get a few hours sleep and now I’m gonna gather my stuff and my thoughts and try and make my way back to the airport. Delta kept our checked bags at the airport so thankfully I don’t have to re-check those. So there is that on a positive note. Now what are the chances they make it on my same flight today at 1:00pm or that the 1:00 pm flight makes it skyward. Those are just some of the burning questions that will be answered later. Stay tuned….
Had this happen to me one time with Delta, many years ago. A miserable night it was. Hopefully the flight goes well today. With being tired, you should sleep well on the flight.

1692964366279.png

1692965238458.png

Last edited:
I had this happen to me about 10 years ago. As soon as they gave me the hotel information, I looked it up online and knew I wouldn’t stay there. Made a reservation at the airport Marriott and had a decent rest even though worried about the luggage actually making the flight the next day(This was prior to AirTags). Good Luck the rest of your trip and hoping this is the only delay.

HH

Oh man that truly sucks! did they say if it was mechanical or what? Well, safe travels, and don't worry about the things you can't control, you will soon be in Africa, and this will be in the rearview mirror. Good luck, have fun, shoot straight, and take lots of pictures. We like lots of pictures with the hunt report. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23bf2dd024

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.