on a lighter note...

WhatsApp Image 2025-01-16 at 19.47.51_bb6f1a51.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2025-01-16 at 19.47.50_e1e40577.jpg
 
I get it. I'm Lebanese and have been eating kibbeh nayeh my whole life. My grandmother would make it for Sunday dinner after church. This is how it would look when she brought it out, and there was rarely any left.
View attachment 658850
You still Orthodox, then? I'm a catechumen at an Antiochian Orthodox.
 
You still Orthodox, then? I'm a catechumen at an Antiochian Orthodox.
As far as I have heard, the Orthodox Church is limited to following only the rules bequeathed by the Apostles and the Ecumenical Councils. Otherwise, local churches are free, both in terms of household rules and liturgy. We do not use raw meat in any form, perhaps because pork is widely used in cooking, and it cannot be consumed without heat treatment. On the hunt, of course, raw fillet of roe deer and moose goes very well, despite the religious fast (it is until January 6 inclusive), under the foreign name "carpaccio". And from January 7th, baked goose, roast pig, etc.
 
You still Orthodox, then? I'm a catechumen at an Antiochian Orthodox.
The Greek and Lebanese foods are very close, but I was raised born-again Christian in an overwhelmingly Catholic region of Upstate NY. This is why my grandmother would press a cross into the kibbeh for Sunday dinner. The love of the food (both Greek and Lebanese) still remains, but not so much the for religion.

All the best with your upcoming baptism.
 
The Greek and Lebanese foods are very close, but I was raised born-again Christian in an overwhelmingly Catholic region of Upstate NY. This is why my grandmother would press a cross into the kibbeh for Sunday dinner. The love of the food (both Greek and Lebanese) still remains, but not so much the for religion.

All the best with your upcoming baptism.
Already baptised in the name of the Trinity. I'll be confirmed by Chrismation.

I was reared Presbyterian in VERY Catholic south Louisiana, about an equal mix of Cajun French and Italians where I grew up just outside Baton Rouge. Surnames like Pizzuto, Panepinto, Guillermo, and Dimmattia were as common as surnames like Landry, Boudreaux, Comeaux, and LeBlanc.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,733
Members
169,404
Latest member
Cathern859
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top