on a lighter note...

IMG_1990.jpeg

1728074577367.png

A Roman centurion walks up to a bar and tells the barkeep "I'd like a martinus, please."

The bartender replies "Don't you mean a 'martini'?"

The centurion responds back "If I'd wanted more than one, I'd have asked for more than one."

As bad as my Italian is, I'm always annoyed to walk into a place to see "a panini" on the menu. "Panino" is singular, "panini" is plural.

"I'd like a panini, please" is "I'd like a sandwiches, please."

A Roman centurion walks up to a bar and tells the barkeep "I'd like a martinus, please."

The bartender replies "Don't you mean a 'martini'?"

The centurion responds back "If I'd wanted more than one, I'd have asked for more than one."

As bad as my Italian is, I'm always annoyed to walk into a place to see "a panini" on the menu. "Panino" is singular, "panini" is plural.

"I'd like a panini, please" is "I'd like a sandwiches, please."
Just be happy they haven’t tried to call it a “paninx” yet

Just be happy they haven’t tried to call it a “paninx” yet
Oh sweet jeebus, don't even get me started on ruining the Romance languages with post-modern dipshittery.

Oh sweet jeebus, don't even get me started on ruining the Romance languages with post-modern dipshittery.
"Post-modern dipshittery." Gotta love it! I'm going to steal the term for use with my buddies!

1728122739676.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maybell426

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]