on a lighter note...

BE63C194-1841-4D8B-9060-63E8AF5900A7.jpeg
 
1680619773258.png
 
1680619867748.png
 
034196EF-E126-4081-962C-6D348247B915.jpeg
 
When I was a kid, 1960's, the newspaper delivery trucks from which kids threw the papers to the houses cut bailing wire off the bundles and wrapped it on a corner post of the truck cover. When it built up they would throw it off. Dad wanted it so whenever we spotted it in a yard or street we brought it home. Sometimes I'd ask the kids when they were pre tying papers and they always gave it to me. I used that wire up into the late 1970's.
Here is a funny from that bailing wire.
It was galvanized. In 1974 I bought a cutting torch set then used a welding tip to weld up a cart for the bottles. I'd be welding away and it would pop. The more it popped the madder I got.
It took me many hours of this to realize it was from the galvanizing on the bailing wire I used for weld filler rod. :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,570,202
Members
168,859
Latest member
trucviluftspac1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top