on a lighter note...

405562226_365444059479237_5552779348712995880_n.jpg

1720450280913.png

I'll agree with you as there are legitimate priest, preachers, pastors, etc., etc.....

I can also agree with you that most rural pastor are poor compared to their urban, suburban, city, and metro, counterparts, simply because rural pastors have the smallest church congregations, and work hourly wage jobs, farmers, etc. to pay their monthly bills.

I agree rural pastors, along with some of their counterpart pastors in small congregation churches are most likely driving used vehicles. While pastors in larger congregation churches are being provided new cars either purchased or leased through the church.

You are also correct as with any other 503 organization, the treasurer or other organization member designed by a board of trustees is responsible for the banking and paying the bills and a, usually monthly, meeting is held where the treasurer or other designee provides the members with a financial report that gets approved by the members. There are at least two names on the account signature card, the treasurer's and a trustee's as a means to gain banking information in case questionable withdrawals are made someone has access to the organisation's financial records.

But I also agree with @Hogpatrol.

Because.....then there are televangelist and all those others of questionable character that use their church ties, offerings, donations, or whatever label one chooses to call the monies the church receives to purchase maga million dollar homes, multiple multi million dollar luxury private jet aircraft, luxury cars and limousines, purchase expensive jewelry, etc., etc., etc.. Of these the most notorious were Jim and Tammy Faye Baker. Oral Robert's when on occasions we would watch him, started out as one of the few respectful televangelist, then he announced ....he needed a million dollars...It did take but a couple of days and by the end of the following week he was cast as just another greedy televangelist.

The treasurer can provide fraudulent reports. Im not saying that it happens at any particular church, But a lady in my town defrauded a number of organizations by creating BS treasurer reports and falsified bank statements. Screwed my favorite gun club over pretty badly. They had to postpone some much needed repairs and improvements

The treasurer can provide fraudulent reports. Im not saying that it happens at any particular church, But a lady in my town defrauded a number of organizations by creating BS treasurer reports and falsified bank statements. Screwed my favorite gun club over pretty badly. They had to postpone some much needed repairs and improvements

If it's any consolation, something happened at our archery club several years ago and not that many years ago at our local VFW post. It took both organizations years to recover from the mismanagement, embezzlement and stolen cash on hand, fraud, "lost" financial and meeting minutes records, stolen property, etc., etc..

Those, a husband and wife, at the archery club were able to be prosecuted and ended up going to jail.

Unfortunately the VFW couldn't prosecute those involved due to the amount of "~chaos" they caused.

If it's any consolation, something happened at our archery club several years ago and not that many years ago at our local VFW post. It took both organizations years to recover from the mismanagement, embezzlement and stolen cash on hand, fraud, "lost" financial and meeting minutes records, stolen property, etc., etc..

Those, a husband and wife, at the archery club were able to be prosecuted and ended up going to jail.

Unfortunately the VFW couldn't prosecute those involved due to the amount of "~chaos" they caused.
What about Wayne La Pierre and the NRA?

What about Wayne La Pierre and the NRA?

To each their own on that situation.

Personally, IMO, he and the board of directors should have been ousted long before Le Pierre and his rogue board of directors were finally ousted from the NRA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesApl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg