on a lighter note...

1718452632474.png

I’m glad to know I’m above average in at least one aspect of my life!

My brother had a big Chesapeake Bay Retriever and they are known to be a pretty good watch dog and can be a bit intimidating with a loud bark. He trained it to lay down if he said, “Charge!” It was funny to see the dog barking at a spooked stranger or a trespasser and my brother would yell, “Charge!” The trespasser would crap his pants or take off running, thinking the dog would attack. Meanwhile, the dog would just lay down!

Last edited:
My brother had a big Chesapeake Bay Retriever and they are known to be a pretty good watch dog and can be a bit intimidating with a loud bark. He trained it to lay down if he said, “Charge!” It was funny to see the dog barking at a spooked stranger or a trespasser and my brother would yell, “Charge!” The trespasser would crsp his pants or take off running, thinking the dog would attack. Meanwhile, the dog would just lay down!

Good one! That’s the classic command for sporting dogs. It meant the weapon was being charged so the dog was to lay down until the shooter was ready.

I'm definitely way ahead of the average.
I spend at least that much and more per month.
This must mean the Gen X, Z, and all those others, that waste their time bashing others via computer indoors rather than spending quality time outdoors physically mingling with other actual people, average spending on hobbies.

1718482919692.png

I always did like Charlie.

View attachment 613664
Charlie Pride lived in Highland Park, Dallas (very expensive). Chas. Nix did his wallpaper. One day Charlie asked Nix, "what do you think about this song?" It was "Kiss an Angel Good Morning." He was known for bouncing new songs off ordinary people. It they didn't like it, he didn't pursue it. Everyone said he was a GREAT guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arisha1On

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!