on a lighter note...

1678200455517.png
 
Knew a bloke who fought at Kokoda - the Owen guns apparently made a distinct 'click' when the last round of a magazine was fired. The Japs worked this out and sought to exploit the empty magazine. The developed counter measure was to have a mate waiting nearby with a second Owen, mag fully loaded.
Same thing with the M1 Garand. When the 8th shell ejected the clip was ejected with it making a Ping sound.
 
Same thing with the M1 Garand. When the 8th shell ejected the clip was ejected with it making a Ping sound.
That's a myth. In a firefight no one hears that clip eject. It's too damn noisy. The shooter is the only one who knows because he can see it flip out. (Personal experience).
 
That's a myth. In a firefight no one hears that clip eject. It's too damn noisy. The shooter is the only one who knows because he can see it flip out. (Personal experience).
I read that said years ago.
I heard mine eject but don't recall hearing others in a match.
In reality it would have to be a fight at bayonet distance for the other guy to hear it.
 
I knew a woman so old her birthstone was LAVA...
@steve white
My wife thinks I'm a real treasure.
At times she wishes I was still buried. Now days my teeth are like stars, they come out at night.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,111
Members
169,260
Latest member
ShennaWatt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top