on a lighter note...

41B5D2EB-99FC-4FA4-99C3-82C6E860A1F5.jpeg

Tax-dollars hard at work!

Even better. Did you hear about the buy-back on the East Coast two weeks ago? They were paying X for rifles/shotguns, Y for pistols, and Z for auto-seers.

A kid with a 3D printer made up $21,000 in plastic auto-seers and disposable handguns. He said he planned for the buyback and had all the stuff made in a couple weeks.

That kid will own a hedge fund in a year or two, keep an eye on that enterprising youth.

Even better. Did you hear about the buy-back on the East Coast two weeks ago? They were paying X for rifles/shotguns, Y for pistols, and Z for auto-seers.

A kid with a 3D printer made up $21,000 in plastic auto-seers and disposable handguns. He said he planned for the buyback and had all the stuff made in a couple weeks.

That kid will own a hedge fund in a year or two, keep an eye on that enterprising youth.
I had not heard that. While I certainly don’t agree with finding loopholes and swindling taxpayers, the silver lining is that type of behavior tends to end those government programs once they become common place.

I had not heard that. While I certainly don’t agree with finding loopholes and swindling taxpayers, the silver lining is that type of behavior tends to end those government programs once they become common place.
The problem is when a firearm is found to be used in a violent crime is bought back using tax dollars to get illegal weapons off the streets and out of criminal hands can't be used to prosecute anyone associated with that weapon, via fingerprints, serial number, etc..

Anyone assine enough to steal tax dollars on such programs of gun buy backs sucks, but the lesser of the 2 evils to stop such assine BS of these buy back operations in which stolen firearms are not returned to their rightful owners.

Money to be made: Buy up a bunch of old junkers and peddle them to the asses runnning the buybacks. Good wqy to get some of your tax dollars back.

In my area's buybacks, dealers line up with every piece of junk they have. They get a C note for guns that are either inoperable or aren't worth that on the retail rack.

I see a business opportunity; but up old junkers and sell them to the greenies.

I’m late to the party, you guys already have it sorted. We can use the profits to buy new guns!

Don't blame the guy who figured out how to game the system, blame the idiot taxpayers/voters themselves stupid enough to elect politicians who would do something so utterly moronic. The overwhelming majority of Houstonians got exactly what they deserved in our "buyback."

Perhaps some of them will learn a lesson: money will take you wherever you want to go, but it will not replace you as the driver. If someone drives himself into a bridge abutment, that's on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaBrau

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]