Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
This little fella must have ruled the roost. Old scared up warrior of a Steinbok
IMG_8141.jpeg
IMG_8140.jpeg
IMG_8139.jpeg

Fantastic! Little monster for sure. Madala.

I love steenbok! After my daughter got one last month in Limpopo I took a very solid liking to them. That is a beauty.
Funny you mention that, I didn't care one way or another about them until I mounted one. After that I HAD to have one. I took mine in Namibia and unfortunately vaporized the little guy. I wanted him skinned for a full body and I dont think I could have made a pair out of slippers out of what was left of him after I shot him. Fortunately I have a spare Steinbok full body cape. Soooo, if I ever get to work on my own stuff I will FB him. I'll also have to shoot a common duiker next time I go.
Klipspringer is another that didn't do much for me until I mounted a couple and now I want one so bad I cant stand it. I totally get the whole tiny10 thing now, they are addictive!

Funny you mention that, I didn't care one way or another about them until I mounted one. After that I HAD to have one. I took mine in Namibia and unfortunately vaporized the little guy. I wanted him skinned for a full body and I dont think I could have made a pair out of slippers out of what was left of him after I shot him. Fortunately I have a spare Steinbok full body cape. Soooo, if I ever get to work on my own stuff I will FB him. I'll also have to shoot a common duiker next time I go.
Klipspringer is another that didn't do much for me until I mounted a couple and now I want one so bad I cant stand it. I totally get the whole tiny10 thing now, they are addictive!

Ya my next trip over (hopefully in ‘27) I want to finish my spiral slam with a Bushbuck and Eland. After that all I want is steenbok, grey duiker and klipspringer. I’ll let the kids shoot the big critters.

My daughter shot a steenbok and my SIL shot a duiker and I was very impressed with how pretty they both were. They both got a bit messed up with large exit holes. Nothing that can’t be repaired but still messier than I would have like to see. The next trip over I’m packing a .223 with 70gr Barnes just for the smaller antelope and night critters like porcupine, civet and genet.

Ya my next trip over (hopefully in ‘27) I want to finish my spiral slam with a Bushbuck and Eland. After that all I want is steenbok, grey duiker and klipspringer. I’ll let the kids shoot the big critters.

My daughter shot a steenbok and my SIL shot a duiker and I was very impressed with how pretty they both were. They both got a bit messed up with large exit holes. Nothing that can’t be repaired but still messier than I would have like to see. The next trip over I’m packing a .223 with 70gr Barnes just for the smaller antelope and night critters like porcupine, civet and genet.
I was think the same on the 223 front. I’m even considering my 17HMR. Hell a 22 will kill them so 17HMR should do nicely.

That's why I'm bringing my 6.5 Swede to Limpopo next month in addition to the 9.3x62. Just in case I run across a trophy steenbok or common duiker.

160 gr pills at about 2400 fps, damage should be minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubertUvs

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's