Old Time Safari Photos

I never thought of eBay, have never done much on it, quick, me and computers are never used in the same sentence. They remind of cats (computers) they just sit there waiting and pounce with there errors when your not expecting it. The IT guy at work said he was going to replace mine with a piece of granite and a chisel.

Some of the pics of Osa Johnson in their zebra planes are classic - we hunted in Zambia where they emergency landed at the Royal Lake of the Croc….. - family still had alot of the pics from that day - some are in one of their books (Johnsons)

That's a great idea! You might want to visit the museum website and specifically their photo collection. https://safarimuseum.com/explore/ With some 20,000 photos cataloged, it is likely that you will find something suitable. I would note that the online photos are watermarked, but suspect strongly that they would be willing to sell you the image for personal use (which incidentally, helps them keep the lights on in their small, off-the-beaten-path museum).

The other option is to scan photos from books such as mentioned above, but the nice thing about the Johnsons is that they were professional photographers, not hunters who took a few snapshots. So the quality of the photos will likely be much better than what you might find in (for example) Roosevelt's African Game Trails or something of that era.

The Library of Congress may have some useful photos as well, but you would need to search for them.

Thanks for the link Troubleshooter, looks like a neat place to visit, they sure have a lot of photos to look at.

Thought so!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencia6

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with