Old Kenyan Hunting Advertisements

Selby & Holmberg is Harry Selby & Andrew Holmberg..both can be seen in this 1953 movie guiding Robert Ruark in Kenya.. Holmberg guided Ruark to a 110 pounder.. !

G'day Pondoro

Thank you so much for sharing the You-Tube film, I have never seen that it before, it is excellent, I can't get enough of historic stuff like that.(y):)

Regards

Rob

G'day Pondoro

Thank you so much for sharing the You-Tube film, I have never seen that it before, it is excellent, I can't get enough of historic stuff like that.(y):)

Regards

Rob

Uganda_Railway.jpg

Uganda Railway never ended in Uganda.
One has the end point Port Elisabeth (in old time Uganda), simply Kenya(BEA) incorporated
Kenya(BEA) did not want any discussions with the neighbouring province.

Last edited:
Nairobi Eisenbahndepot 1898.jpg

Nairobi 1898.The railway depot.
This depot became the "world capital" in East Africa.

Last edited:
Henkell.jpg

Henkell dry
Is a famous sparkling wine brand in Germany
A marketing director would have to come up with this today :sleep::sleep:

Selby & Holmberg is Harry Selby & Andrew Holmberg..both can be seen in this 1953 movie guiding Robert Ruark in Kenya.. Holmberg guided Ruark to a 110 pounder.. !

Great movie! 90 day Safari? THIS is what I have imagined a real Safari from the past would have been like having never been on one. Kind of a brutal, rugged adventure through at least a couple of countries and apparently thousands of miles. I guess back in the day, they had no choice? The way they camped in the bush, cooked over an open fire, hunted on foot, etc., reminds me of some our elk camps at times. I noticed they hunted with open sights except for the leopard. What rifles and calibers were they using? Beautiful depiction of the land, native people and wildlife. Thanks for sharing this!

I just found this for sale on e-bay

Regards
Rob

Shaw & Hunter Ltd - 1934.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChangDimon

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia