Old Kenyan Hunting Advertisements

Selby & Holmberg is Harry Selby & Andrew Holmberg..both can be seen in this 1953 movie guiding Robert Ruark in Kenya.. Holmberg guided Ruark to a 110 pounder.. !



G'day Pondoro

Thank you so much for sharing the You-Tube film, I have never seen that it before, it is excellent, I can't get enough of historic stuff like that.(y):)

Regards

Rob
 
G'day Pondoro

Thank you so much for sharing the You-Tube film, I have never seen that it before, it is excellent, I can't get enough of historic stuff like that.(y):)

Regards

Rob


Uganda_Railway.jpg


Uganda Railway never ended in Uganda.
One has the end point Port Elisabeth (in old time Uganda), simply Kenya(BEA) incorporated
Kenya(BEA) did not want any discussions with the neighbouring province.
 
Last edited:
Nairobi Eisenbahndepot 1898.jpg

Nairobi 1898.The railway depot.
This depot became the "world capital" in East Africa.
 
Last edited:
Henkell.jpg

Henkell dry
Is a famous sparkling wine brand in Germany
A marketing director would have to come up with this today :sleep::sleep:
 
Selby & Holmberg is Harry Selby & Andrew Holmberg..both can be seen in this 1953 movie guiding Robert Ruark in Kenya.. Holmberg guided Ruark to a 110 pounder.. !

Great movie! 90 day Safari? THIS is what I have imagined a real Safari from the past would have been like having never been on one. Kind of a brutal, rugged adventure through at least a couple of countries and apparently thousands of miles. I guess back in the day, they had no choice? The way they camped in the bush, cooked over an open fire, hunted on foot, etc., reminds me of some our elk camps at times. I noticed they hunted with open sights except for the leopard. What rifles and calibers were they using? Beautiful depiction of the land, native people and wildlife. Thanks for sharing this!
 
I just found this for sale on e-bay

Regards
Rob

Shaw & Hunter Ltd - 1934.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,743
Members
169,406
Latest member
TheresaR90
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top