Oh Jeez, what happened?

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Never shot, stays in this slip since the dealer assembled it. Does anyone know "what this dark mark" could be?
Wasn't there when bought new .. even tried with cleaning it with a cloth. Many thanks.
1717512384963.png

1717512446930.png

1717512471422.png

Just my wild guess. I do hot rust bluing among other things. Could have been residual bluing fluid leaking out thru the tiniest crevice where the barrels are joined with braze. Remember bluing has to be neutralized with water and oils afterward.

Just my wild guess. I do hot rust bluing among other things. Could have been residual bluing fluid leaking out thru the tiniest crevice where the barrels are joined with braze. Remember bluing has to be neutralized with water and oils afterward.
Thank you, I sorta took the theory in consideration (with my limited knowledge). Praying this is not an issue, or has possibly happened to someone else before addressing Krieghoff.

Technically means that the bluing salts have been active the whole time. Also means there is a slight gap in the muzzle joining.

You would need to see someone who understands doubles. I have a few doubles myself. I have seen this on other types of older firearms that someone did refinish. Best of luck to you.

You would need to see someone who understands doubles. I have a few doubles myself. I have seen this on other types of older firearms that someone did refinish. Best of luck to you.
My WAG: Not fully brazed. If you shoot it could the barrels separate and cause real problems?

I appreciate the technical insight .. helped to explained to K's dealer. Forwarding these right now.
They had a similar issue with a customer's EELL, allegedly after it was shot "broke in", it dissipated?

I appreciate cont. feedback ...

I don't care who's name is behind anything .. always something. Maybe if I shot the damn thing ..

6% Sales Tax, Ouch!
1717518686533.png

How do you leave a double unfired for 2 years?

By keeping it in a gun slip. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I agree with your question.

How do you leave a double unfired for 2 years?
Idk, maybe I was hoping to keep it in pristine condition, lol! oh, lord .. Good question, a bit eccentric, didn't want to scratch it! .. it's not the only one I haven't shot.

got sidetracked with the Jeffery?

Idk, maybe I was hoping to keep it in pristine condition, lol! oh, lord .. Good question, a bit eccentric, didn't want to scratch it! .. it's not the only one I haven't shot.

got sidetracked with the Jeffery?
That is a good problem to have. I hope it's nothing serious, and you can get it fixed.

Thats the problem....it is bleeding from inside......take it out and shoot it......
That's what they said .. "if it bothers ya, Krieghoff will clean it up, It doesn't effect the integrity"

Beautiful day, I'll take it out.

I wouldn't leave in a gun slip, just leave it uncovered in your safe with light coat of G96, with good humidity protection inside your safe like a golden rod. It may clean up nicely with some oil and fine steel wool,....then go shoot it for cryin' out loud.

Yip a plastic slip gonna make it sweat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alloroprivatedining

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with