Oberndorf 7x57 - Confirmed Chamber

Fallschirmjaeger

AH senior member
Reaction score
I'll try this one more time before resorting to GunBroker.

I made a chamber cast and I am pretty dang sure this is a 7x57. I can take/send pictures of anything specific you would like to see and I'll try my best to answer any questions you may have. Shipping will be from a non-FFL in Western Pennsylvania... If you'd like to meet up and you're in my area, that's totally doable as well. Open to trades, but I am kind of particular. I've been looking for a Beretta s56e or S57e in 20 gauge, and I do like Kimber Montanas and Hunters depending on the caliber. You're welcome to reach out with a trade offer.

Oberndorf Mauser 98 sporting rifle in 7x57. Ribbed barrel, very good bore, hinged bottom metal, Redfield peep sight. Appears the rib started to lift from the barrel on the receiver end and someone used an epoxy to keep it on. Not the best work - looks like maybe Devcon? Checkered bolt handle, checkered steel buttplate and steel grip cap. Numbers are not fully matching throughout the gun for awareness. Decent trigger, bedded stock, etc. Chamber cast is a dead ringer for 7x57 by comparison to an S&B 7x57 cartridge. I am not a gunsmith though.

Price reduced to $700 plus shipping. Please look at the pictures and ask whatever questions you may have.

8Ouo10Z Large.jpeg
cqAZKVM Large.jpeg
FVnJ8Qb Large.jpeg
G6SUWJe Large.jpeg
JmgV4YQ Large.jpeg
osKCEwC Large.jpeg
qOr28TE Large.jpeg
vcC2e5k Large.jpeg
VgjXS00 Large.jpeg
WHbFAgu Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try this one more time before resorting to GunBroker.

I made a chamber cast and I am pretty dang sure this is a 7x57. I can take/send pictures of anything specific you would like to see and I'll try my best to answer any questions you may have. Shipping will be from a non-FFL in Western Pennsylvania... If you'd like to meet up and you're in my area, that's totally doable as well. Open to trades, but I am kind of particular. I've been looking for a Beretta s56e or S57e in 20 gauge, and I do like Kimber Montanas and Hunters depending on the caliber. You're welcome to reach out with a trade offer.

Oberndorf Mauser 98 sporting rifle in 7x57. Ribbed barrel, very good bore, hinged bottom metal, Redfield peep sight. Appears the rib started to lift from the barrel on the receiver end and someone used an epoxy to keep it on. Not the best work - looks like maybe Devcon? Checkered bolt handle, checkered steel buttplate and steel grip cap. Numbers are not fully matching throughout the gun for awareness. Decent trigger, bedded stock, etc. Chamber cast is a dead ringer for 7x57 by comparison to an S&B 7x57 cartridge. I am not a gunsmith though.

Price reduced to $700 plus shipping. Please look at the pictures and ask whatever questions you may have.

View attachment 621826View attachment 621827View attachment 621828View attachment 621829View attachment 621830View attachment 621831View attachment 621832View attachment 621833View attachment 621834View attachment 621835

Where is the rifle located? Interested if I’m nearby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88games

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt