Now this doesnt happen every day......

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
15,386
Reaction score
58,048
Media
141
Articles
35
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I might be able to be a bow hunter at that range......only if I could hold the draw long enough.
 
That got me bouncing with excitement, my hands are all sweaty just at the thought of getting that close to such an incredible animal! my mind is going crazy exploring the possibilities for my walk and stalk bow hunt in August! Thanks for posting.
 
Nothing like Moose in the rut.

Wonder if the hunter used his sites?



This is what happens when they come toward you after the shot.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got a rush just watching ! That is one big swamp donkey. I would give up important body parts to get a moose that close while bow hunting.
Thanks for posting.
 
I got a rush just watching ! That is one big swamp donkey. I would give up important body parts to get a moose that close while bow hunting.
Thanks for posting.

You might give some up if you do get that close. :)
 
that was close!! Nice bull
 
Brick , you are absolutely correct , but da%# wouldn't it be fun...

It is one for the bucket list.

The guy in the first video posted here learned from the guy in the second video posted.

Get behind a big thick tree.
 
Agreed , Brick.
We have bears , mountain lion , wolves , and yotes where I live and hunt...
As a dyed in the wool bow hunter , I pack my shootin' iron not for them , but for moose. Hell hath seen no fury like a pissed off cow moose with a calf !
 
Pure adrenalin! Imagine a big 60" kudu being a metre away, the rush...
 
Fresh Tidy Whities for everyone:)
 
Wow!
 
Wow that was close, I have no experience with Moose hunting, but the shot looked a bit low and far back? Will that shot be good at all?
The other thing I noticed was the poor penetration at such a short distance, are Moose tough animals at all? Or could it be the bow or just my poor eyesight. :)
caribou.gif
 

Attachments

  • caribou.gif
    caribou.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 272
I saw both of those on TV. Great footage and definitely up close and personal. Moose in the rut are not the brightest. I agreed with Ibgsafaris about the shot on the first one. Looked just a hair far back. Perhaps it angled forward some? It killed the bull so it was fine. I was a little surprised it didn't exit the off side.
 
I have taken moose with archery tackle and would not have taken that quartering towards me shot on the second bull with Dwight Shuh.
 
The first shot did look a bit far back. At that extremely close range, the arrow is still bent quite a bit from the acceleration and hasn't settled down yet, so it isn't too surprising that it didn't hit exactly where expected and penetration was probably also compromised by the same phenomenon.


 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,295
Messages
1,571,947
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top