Norma TIPSTRIKE™

I can not speak for tipstrike , but I have used with fine results the Norma Oryx in 180 grain and 165 grain 30 06 on African PG. I have chronographed them , and they are true to speed....180,,,2725 average and the 165....2940 thru 2980. The only factory ammo that has been true to advertised velocity.....Remington and Winchester normally is 50 FPS lower than advertised....I read and have for 50 years and I find that a chrony is very valuable if you are working on long range shooting
 
zorg,
you make suppositions.
bruce.
bruce,

Do you perceve you to have a monopoly on that?

Clarify.

zorg,
we come et this from different directions.
having chrono'd many factory rounds over the years, the difference between fact and fiction has become obvious.
also, getting speeds from reloads is interesting.
bruce.

I still haven't found any posts with chronograph data you ever obtained with any Norma factory ammunition - any cartridge, any projectile offered in combination as loaded ammunition by Norma.
 
Last edited:
What is the general consensus on the Norma Tipstrike for plains game? I found a deal on it in .280 Rem which will work just fine in my .280AI. If not appropriate, it will still make good practice ammo and the brass will be fire-formed to .280AI for reloading.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,232
Members
169,291
Latest member
micimistcu1975
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top