Norma .338 Oryx Bullet Question

mchusmc

Reaction score
I will be embarking on my second plains game safari next year, and I plan to hunt sable, kudu and gemsbok, in addition to other species. I will be using a .338 Winchester Magnum, and I am having difficulty finding premium factory ammunition. I would like to try the Barnes Vortex factory ammunition with the 225-grain TSX bullet based on my experience with Barnes’s .375 H&H 300-grain TSX Vortex ammunition, but haven’t been able to locate any. Does anyone have experience with the Norma factory ammunition loaded with the 230-grain Oryx bullet for African plains game? I have been able to locate suitable numbers of this ammunition, but have no experience with it.

It will do just fine.

Have yet to use it on game but I just picked up 200 rounds of the 230gr Norma Oryx for my 338. I plan on using it on elk, bear and moose. I'll report back later this fall on the results.

230 gr Oryx out of a .338 will work splendidly on your target animals, or any other plains game for that matter.

I’ll be wheels up in 3 weeks for Namibia. My PH told me the Norma oryx is good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arisha1On

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!