No love for the .500A2?

Need to take some better pictures of it, but this is my go to rifle when things need to put down. Of course this one is a bit special, as the chamber was long throated for the use of bmg projectiles, and my what a shooter it is. I've never had a rifle that points and aims quite like this one, it's truly an experience.

Now the reason the A2 is the most convenient/cheapest of the 50 cals to own is due to it being made from 460/416/378 Weatherby brass as the OP stated. Weatherby brass is almost always available and normally for a cheaper cost than the other 50s. Weatherby brass is also known to handle higher pressure and this can be taken advantage of in the A2. I have a load, generated from quickloads, that claims that Reloader 17 can produce 2600 fps with a 570 gr barnes solid, if they will ever get more out I should be able to try this. That's alot of power out of a 23 inch barrel!

Also, noteworthy on my rifle is the LAW muzzle break that a friend of mine insisted on. Even with heavy loads this makes shooting a breeze. Also, the end can be taken off and put on the barrel to protect the threads if the muzzle break is not desired.

Alot can be said about this rifle, but I'll save that for another day! Good to see people talking about such a great cartridge.
View attachment 630993View attachment 630994View attachment 630995

What's that funny thing at the end of the muzzle?

What's that funny thing at the end of the muzzle?
As stated in my original post that is a LAW muzzle brake with a thread protector. Does one heck of a job on reducing recoil and getting back on target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarylynCar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.