No. 1 Rebirth by R J Renner

I'm in the same place. I have a 270Win N°1 and am hesitating either giving it a J.Renner-like treatment, or rather waiting to find a N°1 with a more classic caliber.

A sleek and quick to point 270 in number one would be awesome.

I bet you would be very pleased… and 130grain a frames are very smooth to shoot.

Do it!

I'm in the same place. I have a 270Win N°1 and am hesitating either giving it a J.Renner-like treatment, or rather waiting to find a N°1 with a more classic caliber.
There are currently several No. 1's in 275 Rigby for sale on GunBroker. There is one that ends this morning that is currently under $2000. (There are some with starting prices above $3000) I think these are 2024 Lipsey models based on a provided serial number for one.

There are currently several No. 1's in 275 Rigby for sale on GunBroker. There is one that ends this morning that is currently under $2000. (There are some with starting prices above $3000) I think these are 2024 Lipsey models based on a provided serial number for one.

I really like the 24” barrel they put on them.

Wonderfull story and rifle.

And:
My hometown (I live there) is on the river "main" also.
:-)

I was in Arizona team roping steers for 30 days and had some time to hit the pawn and gun shops and ran across a beautiful Renner 7x57 in English Manlicher style in a 7x57 some years ago and the price was $600..I near broke an arm getting the cash out of my pocket..and it shot 3 under an inch as right at an inch for 5..I still have it , shot everything in the world with it from Coues deer to elk and Impala to buffalo. I will be shooting white tail in Texas and Idaoh the Lord willing and the creek don't rise this october... oops btw, Its on a Ruger 77 carbine..

Great story and great looking rifle. Thanks for telling of your history with it.

Those are both great looking rifles. I was just looking at his work a couple of days ago and started thinking about the need for a 7x57.

I also like the look of that woodland stalker. Not that I need one.

I need to proof read, I said English/Mannlicher, its a Schnable forend. age thing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robotvacuummops6116

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com