Night hunting?

My son shot a genet with a 22mag with duplex reticle—hit it two times from about 40 yards. Very little damage to the pelt. I shot a caracal on the same trip from about 35 yards with a 25-06. Hope Dennis can fix it! Duplex leuopold scope. We had no problems with light and scopes. Good advice earlier—practice shooting quickly!
 
My son shot a genet with a 22mag with duplex reticle—hit it two times from about 40 yards. Very little damage to the pelt. I shot a caracal on the same trip from about 35 yards with a 25-06. Hope Dennis can fix it! Duplex leuopold scope. We had no problems with light and scopes. Good advice earlier—practice shooting quickly!

Yeah, once you get on a springhare, he decides to jump three feet. Supposed to be some decent eating. At least that's what the bushmen say.
 
Yeah, once you get on a springhare, he decides to jump three feet. Supposed to be some decent eating. At least that's what the bushmen say.
My guess is that bushmen pretty much eat what they could find . . . not sure I'd think of any of the springhare I've taken as "decent eating", but then I've never tried it!
 
My only experience was my leopard in May. Having never shot anything at night before, I practiced with my buddy using a spotlight on a target. I used a Leopold VX-6 with an illuminated duplex reticle, turned down low. Love the setup. Just need to make sure and bring extra fresh batteries. The Trijicon is another option and solves the battery problem, but I have never tried one. +1 on everything Hank said. It was a little tense on the leopard at the moment of truth, but I got it done. He was dead 20 yards from the tree. Don't want to muff that shot!!!
 
If you want to mount your little night guys, don't use a high speed varmint bullet lest your quarry end up like this.

P1000282.JPG
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,570,997
Members
169,214
Latest member
GiselleTro
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top