Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA-EC, Limpopo, NWP; Spain; NZL; Ireland
Just returned from NZL where both my wife and I finally completed a much delayed hunt which had originally been planned for 2020 with Wanganui Safaris. The lodge is wonderful and meals were fantastic. The terrain is tough going at times but the elevation is <2500 so easier going than on the South Island or so I presume. The guides work hard to put you on good animals and ensure your satisfaction. We saw a lot of trophy stags and the roar is a real experience. Would definitely go back if I won the lottery.

IMG_0154.jpeg
IMG_0151.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the small bit of info how was the weather?

Awesome, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing the small bit of info how was the weather?

Weather was great the week we were there…sunny or overcast and rained only for about an hour one day. Temps 40-60ish range. The week before it had been wet and forecast for the week after was also for rain. However, the forecast called for daily rain during our stay and which never materialized.

Nice animals! Looks like a heck of a trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vida64600

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?