AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
newzealandsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
New Zealand Professional guides assoc, Safari Club international, Dallas Safari Club, Wild sheep foundation, Houston Safari Club, SCI Master Measurer
Hunted
New Zealand, Australia, New Caledonia, Canada, U.S.A
Morning everyone just wanted to introduce myself. Jim Gibson owner of New Zealand Safaris based in the central South Island of New Zealand. Born and raised in the South I grew up as an avid hunter where it all began hunting deer & pigs for meat, then onto culling deer and selling the meat to game freezers for commercial export. Trophy hunting was very new to me later in life and it become clear to me I enjoyed hunting those older animals that were alot harder to get, and just getting out in the Hills and mountains away from everything else was just where I enjoyed being. I didn't actually mount my first animal until around 12 years ago after close on 30 years of hunting until that point. Fast forward to now, this year was the first year I hunted an old wild low fence Red stag in 17-20 years personally, although 6 years ago I took an exceptional free range Sambar Stag, and a few others to be fair around the world now. These relationships I have formed over this a life time of hunting have really made a difference to what I built up to be New Zealand Safaris. I have been guiding for coming on 18 years now, starting my career with another very reputable Outfitter for 7 years I learnt the professional side of guiding which was a great grounding for me. Having been attending the major hunting shows in the US since 2007, guided and hunted there, Australia and a few other countries its been a an amazing journey to date, with one of the highlights last year being able to guide and spend time with Luke Combs away from the media it really was a pleasure and honor.
With the 2024 hunting season now just finishing its been another great year starting with DSC show early January, flying home early February and 1 week later we started our season to just finishing end of July its time to get some sleep in and look ahead and plan the coming shows.
I think what has really helped my business was the relationships I have built with the private land owners on these extensive Stations (ranches), which I still believe thats stands today no other Outfitter can offer the variety of private land hunting exclusive to New Zealand Safaris. Being able to offer hunts with many species low fence traditionally foot hunting, and having my own place for the huge Red stags, Elk, and Fallow buck gives hunters a really dynamic hunt. Not to mention living in a place that has world class scenery.

Attachments

• IMG_4954.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    604.3 KB · Views: 15
  • _DSC0973.jpg
    _DSC0973.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Thank You for introducing yourself Jim.

Looks like you have been a Sponsor for several years so a belated :S Welcome:

We have plans to visit New Zealand next year I will be in touch.

:D Beers:

Wife and I hunted with New Zealand Safaris in March 2023 after 3 year Covid delay. Very good experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0958.jpeg
    IMG_0958.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Good day! Welcome from our side!
Best regards
Johan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngleaGova

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?