New WR .500NE

Sarg

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand - Australia - Sumatra - Kenya - Zimbabwe - Namibia - South Africa - Botswana - Alaska - Nevada - Hokkaido - Greenland - New Caledonia
IMG_7167.jpeg

Wouldn’t this be awesome to find under the Christmas Tree ?

Uuuuuuuh, yeah! Are you Father Christmas? I've been a very, very good boy!

Seeing as my bride nearly lost her lunch over what I paid for a set of carbon fiber quad sticks, I'll have to pass.

BTW - I say "nearly" because after trying them, all was forgiven. ;)

What a beautiful rifle.

That is a gorgeous rifle!

I have a WR 470NE Fixed Lock on order..... expecting delivery sometime next year. It's not quite as fancy as the Drop Lock, but it's a sure-enough Westley Richards double rifle, and that is a dream beyond my wildest dreams. We visited the factory and the opportunity was presented to me. Apparently they are going to focus on the Drop Lock and Side Lock rifles from here on out, and I'm told that mine will be the last Fixed Lock they build, so that makes it pretty special.

My first thought was I can't afford it and I just came here to soak it all in. My second thought was something like "CARPE FUSIL." We had a recent lecture from our retirement planner that "the purpose of money is to bring you joy" so I thought, ok, here we go. I can't really justify it, but what the heck!

I'm still kinda pinching myself that the opportunity came together, and feeling very much in love with my sweetie who agreed and fully supports the idea. That one is my real trophy!

I want to use it for an elephant hunt, something I have dreamed of but have never done. I'm hoping for 2026 or 2027; will be going to SCI in Nashville in January to hopefully meet some PH's who can make it happen and start making plans.

Gorgeous pieces of art.

Thank you. Checked his website and he doesn't list elephant on his species list, and has one elephant photo in his photo gallery.
Send him an email as he doesn’t say much about his Caprivi base on his site

If you aren't on WR's newsletter list, this is the kind of thing you are missing! I loved reading it this month. WR's finishes are incredible. That scalloped action is fantastic.

What a Christmas that would be haha. Cost more than my house and 10 acres I bet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyX5472

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]