New Westley Richards 470NE on order, who wants to hear about it?

Well Done Sir. You can't take your money with you when you die, so don't leave a penny on the table.

If I had the jack to buy anything new and British, it would be from WR without a doubt.

Can't wait to here about when you get it and the hunt you take it on. Dream stuff brother.
Thank you so much, kind words and much appreciated. I'm lucky to have the chance and I know it.

Are you going to have checkered side panels aswell?
That's a great question, I think it will be my option but I haven't gotten that far yet.

My goal is to preserve the spirit of the "working boxlock" rifle and to hunt it fearlessly and hard, but also to dress it up a bit to honor the idea that it may the last one they build, and it oughta be kinda special for that reason. I want it to be tasteful but not too overdone. They obviously have the ability to make almost every inch of the rifle "fancier" if you want to pay for it. What do you think?

I told Trigger I would basically put myself in his very capable hands and trust him to make it amazing.

It is not the individual barrel that is the problem, it is the soldering connecting the barrels that is the problem.
Gotcha. I'll verify. But I can't imagine they would have agreed to regulate with a solid copper bullet if they weren't confident it would work.

That's a great question, I think it will be my option but I haven't gotten that far yet.

My goal is to preserve the spirit of the "working boxlock" rifle and to hunt it fearlessly and hard, but also to dress it up a bit to honor the idea that it may the last one they build, and it oughta be kinda special for that reason. I want it to be tasteful but not too overdone. They obviously have the ability to make almost every inch of the rifle "fancier" if you want to pay for it. What do you think?

I told Trigger I would basically put myself in his very capable hands and trust him to make it amazing.
I think it would be a hard decision for me, on one side it is definately classic Westley Richards with the checkered side panels but on the other side it seems more "modern" for lack of words without them. I guess I would leave that one to Trigger if I were in your shoes.

I think it would be a hard decision for me, on one side it is definately classic Westley Richards with the checkered side panels but on the other side it seems more "modern" for lack of words without them. I guess I would leave that one to Trigger if I were in your shoes.
Agreed. The plain version shows off the grain of the wood (and I really like the grain in the head of this stock blank, especially on the R side), whereas the checkered version shows off the craftsmanship of the gunmaker, and you still have the grain on the rest of the entire stock. No real wrong decision, but I have to say that vintage 476NE pictured above is flat out awesome. I also love the "Kipling style" rhino engraving on that rifle too, it's maybe one of the best examples I've seen. It's just a phenomenal double.

Great stuff! I'm living vicariously through you. I dream of getting a bespoke WR take down bolt rifle. Look forward to reading your story in FE.

Great stuff! I'm living vicariously through you. I dream of getting a bespoke WR take down bolt rifle. Look forward to reading your story in FE.
Thank you!

Please let me know your honest thoughts when you read the story: I’ve never written anything before, much less submitted it to be published….. I was really surprised when they accepted it and I’m hopeful it will be well received. At least the editor liked it, so that’s one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChangDimon

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia