New Westley Richards 470NE on order, who wants to hear about it?

So ballpark figure.

Do these cost as much as an Audi A4 or Audi R8?
I don't feel it's my place to publicly disclose their pricing structure, but the short answer is no, they don't. It's more than the Heym and the Rigby, but less than the WR Droplock that is listed on their website starting at 99,000 pounds.

I'll be getting the gun of my dreams, within less than a year, in a wonderful caliber that is well suited to my goals, with an astonishing piece of wood, and "The purpose of money is to bring you joy."

The rifle will have the WR "Scroll Back" action, which is scalloped and they say it permits a more rounded action that sits well in the hand. After we got home I had been perusing their website and had seen the scroll back on one of the Drop Lock guns; I was wistfully looking at it, but when I checked my quotation, I was delighted to see that my rifle has this feature.

There was a post about the ultimate rifle recently.I didn’t reply to it . I will now, “any rifle made with Westley Richards wood”. Just look at the inside cover ad of any Safari Club Magazine if you need clarification!!!!! Like your wood - it’s simply amazing. Congratulations.

It will have color case hardening, a "proper" red rubber pad, express sights including folding leaves on a quarter rib and the flip-up moon sight in front.

It will have a "Westley Richards" banner in gold on the side plate with a simple scroll border pattern, and the floor plate will also be engraved. Trigger said that the Fixed Lock has a central retaining screw so it does not have as much surface area for engraving as the Drop Lock. But he schemed a way to engrave an elephant below the screw, and then put "470 Nitro Express" in gold above the screw. We will have a simple gold band on the barrels at the breech end. The serial number and the Safe will also be in gold.

It will be machined for a red dot sight, and will have double triggers, front articulated.

It will have sling attachments and is expected to weigh 10 pounds, 8 ounces, with 24" barrels.

The action flats will be engraved with a favorite quote from Keats: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

At the end of our day, we had spent nearly 7 hours with Trigger, and I can honestly say it was a very special experience. He had all the time in the world to show us around, answer questions, and tell great stories. We took the last train back to London and had to shift our dinner reservations back. We sat at dinner just glowing about what a fun and unexpected day we'd had.

I highly recommend a Westley Richards visit to anyone who will be in London; it is absolutely worth your time and you will not be disappointed.

I told Trigger that it meant the world to me that he gave us the "Maharajah treatment" even though I'm just a "broke-ass American who works for a living." He was gracious in that very British way, and just laughed and said they were glad to have us. I know he has a client list that includes some very wealthy, powerful, and famous people, both historically and currently. But he absolutely made us feel right at home and welcome, and I can't say enough good things about the whole experience.

PS -Only thing more amazing than the wood will be when you touch that gun off at that tusker!!
Thank you! We're planning to attend the SCI in Nashville in January with our good friends. One of my main goals is to meet some PH's and work towards making a plan to do that very thing! Hopefully in 2026 or possibly 2027.

Also, I think it's actually great that it will be the last Fixed Lock they build, kind of a historical thing and one that I will take pride in. I have no worries at all about resale value; I plan to pass it down to my son and consider it a family heirloom, hopefully one that will come with some great elephant (and buffalo) hunting stories.

They normally regulate with Hornady ammo since that's what they can get off the shelf over there.

But that wasn't really my preference, so after some back and forth about logistics, Trigger agreed to regulate it with North Fork 500gr Semi Spitzers and Solids which he will have custom loaded and will pressure test in the Proof House in Birmingham.

There was a post about the ultimate rifle recently.I didn’t reply to it . I will now, “any rifle made with Westley Richards wood”. Just look at the inside cover ad of any Safari Club Magazine if you need clarification!!!!! Like your wood - it’s simply amazing. Congratulations.
I could have spent a very pleasant hour or two in the wood vault, just salivating. I'm telling you, that place is everything you would want it to be.

Towser, what a great story, thanks for posting! Congratulations on your purchase, I hope you put it to good use very soon!
Thank you for the kind words. I have buffalo hunt lined up next spring with @KMG Hunting Safaris. I'm planning to use a 416RM for that hunt. I've had a life-interrupted safari hiatus, so my last (only) buffalo was taken in 2001.

I actually shot my buffalo on the morning of September 11th.... I wrote a short story about the hunt and had intended to publish here on the Sept. 11th anniversary. I wound up deciding the story was actually pretty dang good, and on a wild hair I submitted it to Field Ethos Journal. To my astonishment and delight, they have accepted it for publication and it will be published in their next print journal, coming out any time now. Since they are actually paying me for the story, I had to sign a contract, and I sadly won't be able to publish it here as I had intended. But FE is a great journal and anyone who would like to read a pretty dang good buffalo story can subscribe and read it. Plus all the other great content, and supporting a journal that supports the lifestyle we all love.

Anyway, I have set some very specific bucket list goals as I close in on retirement, and getting back on safari was at the top of that list.

My previous experience has been with 375 H&H, so I figure getting some saddle time with the 416 will help me get up to speed with the bigger bores, and be ready to put the 470 to work on buffalo and elephant when it's here.

To be honest my head was spinning so fast at that point that I forgot to ask that question. I'm sure they will do so on request; what do you think?
Your rifle is going to be beautiful regardless but I really like that little extra a buffalo horn forend tip adds.
IMG_2172.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia