new to the site

jwcfta06

New member
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
north east texas
Hunted
US
hello everyone. been a member for awhile. alot of knowledge on this site. need to ask a question so decided it was time to introduce myself. I am having a 375 h&h built and and cannot decide between a 1:12 twist and 1:10. plan to shoot 270-up to the 350 grain barnes. I have a 338 for anything below that. What is everyones thoughts.
 
Welcome to AH posting side. I believe if not mistaken the typical twist rate for the .375HH is 1:12. My M70 shoots equal accuracy with 250gr and 300gr heads. I guess its possible you'd want the 1:10 for 350gr projectiles, but I'll have to let others chime in on that.
 
Welcome to AH jwcfta06!
 
Welcome to AH, This is a great community and im sure you will receive the answer you looking for. Good Luck!
 
:S Welcome:
 
hello everyone. been a member for awhile. alot of knowledge on this site. need to ask a question so decided it was time to introduce myself. I am having a 375 h&h built and and cannot decide between a 1:12 twist and 1:10. plan to shoot 270-up to the 350 grain barnes. I have a 338 for anything below that. What is everyones thoughts.
Measure the bullets you want to shoot...

The basic formula goes like this-
Bullet diameter squared, X (times) 150, divided by bullet length, equals the optimum twist rate in inches......
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
 
My custom 375 ruger is 11.5 twist. Shoots everything exceptionally well
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,570,290
Members
168,866
Latest member
DeweyForwo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top