New to the forum

Bigborefan1989

AH member
Reaction score
My name is Josh Derbyshire I’m from Camby, Indiana. My passion is collecting big bore rifles. The current large bore rifles in my collection are a weatherby mark V in 460 weatherby magnum, a CZ550 in 458 Winchester magnum, a Winchester model 70 in 375 HH, a Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington magnum, a Winchester model 70 in 458 Lott, a Granite Mountain Action with a AHR barrel chambered in 600 overkill that is in a mannlicher stock. I never personally been to Africa to hunt but I really enjoy reading about different safaris. Thank you.

Welcome! With all that serious firepower, your really, really need to go on safari.

Any photos of your arsenal for defense and the pursuit of happiness? I for one would love to see the GMA actioned 600 Overkill with the mannlicher stock.

Welcome! With all that serious firepower, your really, really need to go on safari.

Any photos of your arsenal for defense and the pursuit of happiness? I for one would love to see the GMA actioned 600 Overkill with the mannlicher stock.
Thank you very much. I just really enjoy collecting I would love one day to go on a safari. I will send you pictures of the 600 overkill.

IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4145.jpeg
IMG_4144.jpeg
IMG_4143.jpeg
IMG_4142.jpeg
IMG_4141.jpeg
IMG_4140.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg
IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4137.jpeg
IMG_4136.jpeg
IMG_4135.jpeg
IMG_4134.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
460 weatherby magnum, 458 Winchester magnum CZ550 and Winchester model 70 in 416 Remington magnum

IMG_4033.jpeg
IMG_4032.jpeg
IMG_4031.jpeg
IMG_0014.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, thanks! You need to hit the "Full Size" button when you post your photos, makes it a bit more viewer friendly.

:S Welcome:

Welcome from Montana

Welcome to AH Josh!

Welcome! I think it is ripe time to take a couple of your rifles to Africa. What are shoting at with them in Indiana? Prairie dogs?

Welcome! I think it is ripe time to take a couple of your rifles to Africa. What are shoting at with them in Indiana? Prairie dogs?
lol chipmunks. I’m a collector I enjoy collecting and trading. I keep them in phenomenal shape get them out every once in awhile and show them off.

Hello and welcome!

Good day! Welcome from our side too!
Best regards
Johan

Welcome to AH

Hello Bigborefan1989,

Khomas Highland Hunting & Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I too love large bore rifles ….. full disclosure —> actually, rifles in general.:unsure:
Below are 3 pictures of my .458 Lott.
It’s a rebarreled CZ 550 Magnum action, with Model 70 type “safety” lever, reinforced CZ factory stock, Pachmayer Decelerator anti-recoil pad and Recknagel express sights.
The barrel is either Lothar-Walther or Pac-Nor, at 23.6” length.
I’ve forgotten which brand by now.
This rifle weighs 11 pounds.

Even loaded down to 2125 fps, it is very powerful and shoots clear through every paper target that I’ve tried it on so far.

When you can spare a minute, I invite you to read the hunt reports from various forum members who have hunted with Khomas Safaris, including mine.
Also, do have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Attachments

• IMG_2266.png
    IMG_2266.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2268.png
    IMG_2268.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2267.png
    IMG_2267.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdalbertoC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.