New to me .450 Rigby

RR 314

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have told myself repeatedly that I am done buying . . . then something (I believe) is truly spectacular catches my eye. Well, here it is. As to not clutter the are German riflemakers the best in the world thread, here are some auction pictures. The only disappointment with the rifle is I figured there was a 50/50 chance the Gen I Z6i would be EE—it was not revealed in pictures or description, but ended up only being the garden variety. I will likely replace with a S&B Exos.

Beautifully executed on all fronts in my humble opinion. Claw mounts are the most precise and best I have encountered. Tolerances and finish are amazing on the entire rifle. Will take a couple more pictures in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_9105.jpeg
    IMG_9105.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_9106.jpeg
    IMG_9106.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_9107.jpeg
    IMG_9107.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9108.jpeg
    IMG_9108.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9109.jpeg
    IMG_9109.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9110.jpeg
    IMG_9110.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 84
Drop box . . .

Oh, and the 3-pos safety on the left side is pure genius. I was somewhat skeptical as it seems backwards upon first consideration. It truly is natural when shouldering a right hand rifle to utilize your thumb on the safety.

Attachments

• IMG_9118.jpeg
    IMG_9118.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9119.jpeg
    IMG_9119.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
I have told myself repeatedly that I am done buying . . . then something (I believe) is truly spectacular catches my eye. Well, here it is. As to not clutter the are German riflemakers the best in the world thread, here are some auction pictures. The only disappointment with the rifle is I figured there was a 50/50 chance the Gen I Z6i would be EE—it was not revealed in pictures or description, but ended up only being the garden variety. I will likely replace with a S&B Exos.

Beautifully executed on all fronts in my humble opinion. Claw mounts are the most precise and best I have encountered. Tolerances and finish are amazing on the entire rifle. Will take a couple more pictures in a bit.
WOW!!! Truly a beautiful rifle in every way!!! Congratulations!!!

Looks great. I like the drop belly mag. What's the mag capacity and what does it weigh?

The safety would take some getting used to...new muscle memory.

It is right at 10 pounds without scope. I guess a tad over 11 with scope and rings. It holds 4 down in the magazine. Loaded will be around 11.5 I guess. It is wonderfully balanced.

I thought the safety may be an issue as well. It is so intuitive, it seems like it took me about a minute to adjust to it. I’m going to take other traditional set ups out when I shoot this and shoot in fairly rapid succession switching between rifles and see how my brain does.

that is an awesome gun RITTERBUSCH ?? and the action was most likely built by Concari of Lecco Italy

that is an awesome gun RITTERBUSCH ?? and the action was most likely built by Concari of Lecco Italy
Indeed a RITTERBUSCH. So odd that phones put RITTERBUSCH in all caps. :-). You educated me on the Ritterbusch takedown actions. I think all of his non-take down bolt action rifles are on his own action. It is the slickest “mauser” action I have ever handled. Truly a work of art. I particularly love the leather covered pad. :-).

Curious on the trigger weight if you have measured it? 2 stage or 1 stage?

Curious on the trigger weight if you have measured it? 2 stage or 1 stage?
It is single stage with no creep. Well executed. I have not measured, but gauging from others I have measured (and from general experience, I think it is safe to put it in the 3-3.5 range. I left the house this am, but can confirm when I take it to the ranch to shoot.

If you have a chance, take some video with your phone. I can post it if you need help. Nice rifle.

Real beauty. There are a couple other safari rifles for sale made by America guys that have the same safety configuration, if I remember right dismal river armory has them. It make sense that’s for sure, a guy would just have to practice with it. Once you have a properly done claw mount optic provision it makes everything g else seem like amatuer hour.

Good job man, enjoy that rig-

What a gorgeous rifle in a classic DG chambering. Congratulations!

I have a 375 h&h model 70 based rifle that is a left hand conversion done by Griffin and Howe in the early 50s. The safety is in it's original position on the right side. I am faster taking it off of safe when shouldering by using my thumb than with other lh rifles with the winchester safety on the left side. The late Don Heath wrote how Winchester (applies to many others afterwards) put their model 70 safety on the wrong side. Your rifle is awesome!

Attachments

• 20241012_132011.jpg
    20241012_132011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20241012_131958.jpg
    20241012_131958.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denholm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.