Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Am I wrong to think todays announcement of the old government aligning with more moderate pro business to create SA new government is a very good thing for us? ANC was the polar opposite of DA so today seems like a nice surprise for once. Am I missing something?

I totally agree. Been to SA on business and or hunting trips many times over the years I now have a glimmer of hope things have bottomed out

It would be great to get our RSA members to comment. I would suppose that they are not over optimistic. Maybe a step in the right direction?

I'd say a step in the right direction.
However, the approximatly 50 African nations that became independent before us, and all failed, does not set a good example.
I'd say it's only the most liberal and blindly naive citizens are truly optimistic. However, I hope it at least slows the decline.

I left SA 18x years ago for the northern neighbours. , my opinion might (is) baised.

I'm only an outsider looking in so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. But my greatest fear is this coalition will not be able to fix anything fast enough ... or at all ... and then the finger pointing starts ... which quickly turns to gun pointing. I hope I'm wrong. South Africa is a lovely place with lovely people. It would break my heart to see it become a battleground. Those scars last for centuries. Sometimes forever.

I'd say a step in the right direction.
However, the approximatly 50 African nations that became independent before us, and all failed, does not set a good example.
I'd say it's only the most liberal and blindly naive citizens are truly optimistic. However, I hope it at least slows the decline.

I left SA 18x years ago for the northern neighbours. , my opinion might (is) baised.

It seems a much better direction for your home country than if the ANC had aligned with the EFF and more marxist elements. But I can certainly understand from your perspective and other RSA citizen that any optimism should be cautious at this point.

A friend that lives in Rustenburg and has a farm in the Northwest Province was cautiously optimistic about the election but only time will tell.

Kevin Peacock is probably in the best position to comment.

Most African countries about 56 of them, a person needs to be careful about what they say and put on social media. Sad but true.

Lon

I made a comment on the politics thread before I saw this. I thinks it's exciting. It is a peaceful change after 30 years of unfettered rule. The legal system did stem the decline, which is also a notable strength. This is the first real evolution since 1994 and a good start. I am optimistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
js7880084

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?