New member

Capebuffalo, I'm a devotee of a guy named Nathan Foster. He is a long range hunter that lives in New Zealand. In addition to his hunting skills he is an extremely knowledgeable gun writer. Attached is a link to his Knowledge Base treatise of the 358 Norma Mag. Be sure to check it out. https://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase/.358+Norma+Magnum.html
I own a 308 Norma Mag but not a 358.
I guess you are satisfied with your 308 Norma Mag? Was it also a matter of a bug that bit you..? :LOL:
 
Capebuffalo, a buddy of mine had a friend that inherited a somewhat "custom" rifle from his grandfather. The owner took it to a local gun shop where he tried to sell it, however, due to the odd caliber there was no interest. He then took it to Cabela's where they gave him what he thought was a low-ball offer. He was so disappointed with Cabela's offer that he sold it to me for a$100 bucks less. I put a decent scope on it, zeroed it in and haven't shot it since.
 
Capebuffalo, a buddy of mine had a friend that inherited a somewhat "custom" rifle from his grandfather. The owner took it to a local gun shop where he tried to sell it, however, due to the odd caliber there was no interest. He then took it to Cabela's where they gave him what he thought was a low-ball offer. He was so disappointed with Cabela's offer that he sold it to me for a$100 bucks less. I put a decent scope on it, zeroed it in and haven't shot it since.
Shootist43, Although you haven't shot it, it will be a precious legacy one day...Seems the 308 Norma is in the same category as the 300 mags...but I also just hear good things about it. Is it hard to get ammo, bullets, and brass for it? I guess it uses the same 308 bullets...the shells should be way bigger than the regular 308..? I haven't seen a 308 NM cartridge before...Wonder what is the sweet spot regarding grain bullets...is it 165-168? A 6.5x55 Sweed, a 308 NM, and a 358 NM must be one heck of a team to have....!
 
Capebuffalo, I've shot the 308 Norma Mag. I used the same 200 Gr. bullets that I use in my 300 Win. Mags. The gun shot under one MOA with the load I used, so I didn't bother tweaking it.
 
Capebuffalo, I've shot the 308 Norma Mag. I used the same 200 Gr. bullets that I use in my 300 Win. Mags. The gun shot under one MOA with the load I used, so I didn't bother tweaking it.
Sounds like a very special rifle! I do hope I bump into a 358 NM before my project gets going here....
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.
 
Howzit,welcome,about time you come home again,get energised buy good old Africa
 
Howzit,welcome,about time you come home again,get energised buy good old Africa
Thank you, Ngonyama! Yes, can not wait to smell a "rooibos" or "hardekool" campfire again!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,930
Members
169,651
Latest member
MelanieBou
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top