Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa

I don’t know anything about this but it showed up in local news, thought some of you might have an interest

Africa already has a population problem. Sadly, this will only make matters worse. Alexandria, for example, already with a population of a gazillion, had a doubling rate of ten years last I knew. And my studies in that field are extremely dated. I'm sure it's less than that now. The HIV epidemic in South Africa is almost a blessing. Terrible to say. But it's a fact. Overcrowded people are hungry people are angry people = people at war = everything on the ground suffers. People need to die ... one way or the other. We just need to make sure the rest of the planet doesn't go with us.

Africa already has a population problem. Sadly, this will only make matters worse. Alexandria, for example, already with a population of a gazillion, had a doubling rate of ten years last I knew. And my studies in that field are extremely dated. I'm sure it's less than that now. The HIV epidemic in South Africa is almost a blessing. Terrible to say. But it's a fact. Overcrowded people are hungry people are angry people = people at war = everything on the ground suffers. People need to die ... one way or the other. We just need to make sure the rest of the planet doesn't go with us.
That’s pretty harsh! IMO

That’s pretty harsh! IMO
Harsh, yes. It is what it is. To the best of my knowledge only two countries actually make legislative efforts at birth control: China and Bangladesh. In Bangladesh birth control is part of kindergarten curriculum. In China the govt dictates how many kids in a family. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. But here in Canada parents are actually PAID by the govt to have kids. Every month! I see the baby bonus was just raised 5% (it's election time). Crazy. No one loves babies and children more than me. But I love the wild natural environment more. "Growth" is killing everything.

Malaria Nets:

Bednets and fishing nets​

Andreessen’s objection is rooted in something that’s been true of bednets for decades: sometimes, people use them as fishing nets instead.

At worst, you can accuse nets of making an existing problem worse. (regarding the collapse of tropical inland freshwater fisheries)

It is interesting to note that the researchers tend to focus on their tool and its effectiveness and not the unintended consequences.

Not the first to have the thought:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism

Harsh, yes. It is what it is. To the best of my knowledge only two countries actually make legislative efforts at birth control: China and Bangladesh. In Bangladesh birth control is part of kindergarten curriculum. In China the govt dictates how many kids in a family. Desperate situations call for desperate measures. But here in Canada parents are actually PAID by the govt to have kids. Every month! I see the baby bonus was just raised 5% (it's election time). Crazy. No one loves babies and children more than me. But I love the wild natural environment more. "Growth" is killing everything.
I would prefer the route of slowing the birth rate in many countries and raising it in some. While African countries would benefit from a lower rate countries like the US would benefit from an increase as long as the parents can support them.

Malaria Nets:

Andreessen’s objection is rooted in something that’s been true of bednets for decades: sometimes, people use them as fishing nets instead.

At worst, you can accuse nets of making an existing problem worse. (regarding the collapse of tropical inland freshwater fisheries)

It is interesting to note that the researchers tend to focus on their tool and its effectiveness and not the unintended consequences.

When I spent time in Mozambique the poachers would use the UN mosquito nets as snares for suni and the other Pygmy antelope. They would cut it in thin strips braid it into rope and you have an instant killer.
Also many of the villagers wouldn’t use insect repellent, they would rather sit in a smoke plume from smoldering elephant crap to ward off mosquitoes.

Malaria Nets:

We watched this in action in Mozambique. Fishermen were building a camp nearby. While building they used the nets over their beds. Once they had a palm frond roof up they moved their beds under the roof and used the nets to fish.

I think Mr Ebenezeer Scrooge needs a visit from the three ghosts of Christmas. " let them die and decrease the surplus population" really?

I don’t know anything about this but it showed up in local news, thought some of you might have an interest
The vaccine is only for kids 5 and under. As to an adult vaccine for hunters like us, the creator said visitors to Africa can afford to pay for the trip there, they can afford to pay for malaria preventives. Kinda pissed me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vaccine is only for kids 5 and under. As to an adult vaccine for hunters like us, the creator said visitors to Africa can afford to pay for the trip there, they can afford to pay for malaria preventives. Kinda pissed me off.

I posted on this in the articles section when it was announced.
Last time I was there I think I saw a hell of a lot more adult Africans than hunters! But what do I know.

Focus of their research is obviously kids. The rest get to tough it out with the old tools.

Harsh, yes. It is what it is. To the best of my knowledge only two countries actually make legislative efforts at birth control: China and Bangladesh. In Bangladesh birth control is part of kindergarten curriculum. In China the govt dictates how many kids in a family...
Get with the times, as of 2021 China has a 3 child policy. They are doing their best to encourage couples having more children due to aging population and declining birth rates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusannahMo

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's