New from Wales, United Kingdom

Scolopax

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
All UK deer species, uk wild goats, black bear, whitetail, European wild boar, nutria, racoon….
Hi All,

Having taken a lot of info from the forum over the years, finally joined!

In Wales I hunt red deer, fallow deer and wild goats in the mountains (couple of pics attached to show what they’re like). Really enjoy bird shooting mainly for woodcock.

Africa wise, worked in SA a good while back on a game reserve and went to Namibia this year for plains game and had a great time.

I’ve found forums have been a great way to get a good feeling about guides, learn about new areas, knowledge share and have done a fair few swap hunts.

Looking forward to being on the forum.

IMG_0755.jpeg
IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to a great site, as you already know.

Glad you joined, sound like you already have some good stories to share. Welcome!

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH

Good day! Welcome!

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome.
I'm assuming your in North Wales to have access to goats and fallow? I used to love hunting the goats in Snowdonia.

Welcome.
I'm assuming your in North Wales to have access to goats and fallow? I used to love hunting the goats in Snowdonia.
Yes that’s them. Great scenery, does not get much better does it.

It’s a stunning place. Went to uni at Bangor and then hunted a lot near Beddgelert a decade or so ago.
Moved to New Zealand’s South Island and that’s even more impressive scenery.
Yes that’s them. Great scenery, does not get much better does it.

Welcome to AH Scolopax!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Woodcock are a favorite of mine too. Well behaved for my Setter, easier to pluck than all others, and those legs taste like candy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steven53R4